Website Rhodes Park School
Education for the Real World
Rhodes Park School is a leading private educational institution in Zambia and has been serving Lusaka Parents since the 1960s. We offer kindergarten to high school (K-12) classes that follow local and international syllabi.
As an equal opportunity employer, Rhodes Park School requires the services of a suitably qualified, well-motivated and results driven candidate to be appointed in the position of Computer Studies and Mathematics Teacher.
The Job holder will be responsible for preparing and delivering History and Religious Education lessons to children in the secondary section of the School. The position holder will be expected to develop and stimulate the learner’s societal competences.
- Taking responsibility for a History or Religious Education class, supporting, nurturing and taking a genuine interest in the holistic development of all children in that class.
- Working closely with the Head Teacher and colleagues to ensure the effective teaching and learning.
- Developing and enriching professional skills and knowledge by attending seminars, conferences, CPDs etc.
- Enforcing regulations concerning learners conduct and discipline.
- Planning and implementing a relevant, challenging and rigorous curriculum;
- Planning and delivering lessons, ensuring attention is given to appropriate differentiation
- Contributing to collaborative learning at all levels of school life
- Creating inquiry-based classrooms that develop critical thinking skills, knowledge and a range of skills within an environment based on trust, respect and fairness;
- Selecting relevant resources and leveraging digital tools to support and enhance learning;
- Develop appropriate assessment tasks, providing timely and effective feedback that enhances pupil’s learning;
- Communicate effectively with pupils, parents and colleagues in a professional manner;
- Provide appropriate pastoral support as and when necessary;
- Play an active role in the school’s extra-curricular programmes.
- Any other assigned duties
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE & PERSONAL COMPETENCIES:
- Full Grade 12 certificate with 5 Credit or better;
- A Secondary Teacher’s diploma in History and Religious Education with 2 years’ working experience in a reputable School. A Bachelor’s Degree will be an added advantage;
- Qualified teacher registered and licensed with The Teaching Council of Zambia (TCZ)
- Must be familiar with the school pathways of Examinations Councils of Zambia (ECZ) and Cambridge Assessment International Education (CAIE)
- A creative and enthusiastic approach both in and out of the classroom
- Good communication skills, both oral and written
- Good administrative and interpersonal skills
- Strong critical thinking, problem-solving skills
- Must hold high levels of integrity and professionalism
- Must be computer literate
If you believe you meet these terms, forward your Cover Letter, CV, NRC, TCZ License and certified copies of professional qualifications to [email protected] and clearly state the position you are applying for in the subject of your email.
Please note that applications that will not be in conformity with the above specifications will not be considered.