Website Rhodes Park School
Education for the Real World
Rhodes Park School is a leading private educational institution in Zambia and has been serving Lusaka Parents since the 1960s. We offer kindergarten to high school (K-12) classes that follow local and international syllabi.
As an equal opportunity employer, Rhodes Park School requires the services of a suitably qualified, well-motivated and results-driven candidate to be appointed in the position of Human Resource Officer.
The Human Resources Officer’s main role is to provide support to the Human Resources Manager’s (HRM) office. The position holder works towards the development and sustenance of effective Human Resource systems and structures in the Company, which conform to personnel policies and procedures based on current laws, regulations and best practices.
- Assist the Human Resources Manager (HRM) in the implementation of Human Resource policies and procedures in the Company.
- Support departments in developing leadership capabilities within the Group HR framework.
- Act as a change catalyst in the cultural transformation of the Company.
- Implement and sustain the Company Code of Conduct and Value systems.
- Provide baseline information to the recruitment process for placing adverts, job descriptions and conducting interviews.
- Provide inputs to HRM for developing State of the Art HR systems and practices to build organizational mind-set, capability, and competitive advantage.
- Assist HRM in implementing Training and Development (T&D) initiatives within the framework of Corporate T&D strategies.
- Assist the HRM in the facilitation of industrial relations such as disciplinary and grievance procedures.
- Assist in the facilitation of employee performance management across the departments.
- Complete assigned special projects by organizing and coordinating information and requirements; planning, arranging, and meeting schedules; monitoring results etc.
- Facilitate resolution of issues affecting employees.
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports and maintain all HR related records
- Any other assigned duties
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE & PERSONAL COMPETENCIES
- Degree in Human Resource Management, Public Administration or any other related social science from a credible University.
- Full Grade 12 Certificate
- Valid practicing certificate from Zambia Institute of Human Resource Management (ZIHRM)
- At least three (3) years Human Resource Generalist experience
- Must possess a good understanding of the labour laws
- Strong interpersonal and team-building skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to make a presentation
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy and confidentiality concerning employees and employee records
If you believe you meet these terms, forward your Cover Letter, CV, NRC, ZIHRM Practicing License and certified copies of professional qualifications to [email protected] and clearly state the position you are applying for in the subject of your email.
Please note that applications that will not be in conformity with the above specifications will not be considered.