Website Rhodes Park School
Education for the Real World
Rhodes Park School is a leading private educational institution in Zambia and has been serving Lusaka Parents since the 1960s. We offer kindergarten to high school (K-12) classes that follow local and international syllabi.
As an equal opportunity employer, Rhodes Park School requires the services of a suitably qualified, well-motivated and result-driven candidate to be appointed in the position of Senior School Librarian.
The core purpose of this role is to work closely with teachers from all faculties to ensure the library contributes effectively to the delivery of the curriculum and supports pupils to develop skills necessary to make effective use of resources.
- To have overall responsibility for the management of the School Library.
- To advise on and promote learning resources in all formats that support the curriculum and learning and teaching in consultation with school management and other teaching staff.
- To index, catalogue, and classify learning resources in the Library and develop and maintain accurate and reliable catalogue and lending systems.
- To collaborate with teaching staff in the planning, development, delivery, and evaluation of relevant learning and study skills programmes in the Library.
- To develop and support intervention work in English Language and Literacy.
- To manage the Information Management System in the school library – loaning student books in and out, contacting parents, communicating over dues, and assisting the English Department with bringing classes across.
- To organize and coordinate an induction of new pupils in respect of services and resources available.
- Plan and deliver new and existing reading-for-pleasure initiatives for the whole school e.g. Read-a-thorn, Book Buzz, Spelling bees.
- Monitoring and acting upon reading ages to inform staff and arrange intervention as well as deliver literacy intervention and support guided reading recovery sessions at Key Stages to improve reading age and speed.
- To supervise and provide specialist support to students with barriers to learning on a one-to-one basis, in a small group, or in or out of the classroom.
- Any other assigned duties
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE & PERSONAL COMPETENCIES
- Full Grade 12 certificate with 5 Credit or better
- 3+ Years’ Experience at a reputable school
- Teacher’s Diploma in Library and Information Science. A bachelor’s Degree in Library and Information Studies will be an added advantage.
- Registered and Licensed Member of the Teaching Council of Zambia.
- Excellent verbal and written communication Skills
- Excellent IT and interpersonal skills essential to working closely with students and colleagues.
If you believe you meet these terms, forward your Cover Letter, CV, NRC, TCZ License, and certified copies of professional qualifications to [email protected] and clearly state the position you are applying for in the subject of your email.
Please note that applications that will not be in conformity with the above specifications will not be considered.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com