Right to Care Zambia
Treating Health Seriously
Right to Care is at the vanguard in supporting and delivering prevention, care, and treatment services for HIV and associated diseases. We work with government and communities to find pioneering solutions to build and strengthening public healthcare.
We embrace a strong entrepreneurial culture and focuses on innovation and the use of technology to enhance services, address skills shortages, and deliver quality healthcare outcomes. Our areas of expertise include HIV and TB care and treatment, pharmacy automation, medical male circumcision, and cervical cancer diagnosis and treatment.
Right to Care Zambia has been awarded a five (5) year project funded by the USAID through the PEPFAR mechanism. The USAID – Action HIV project aims to reduce HIV mortality, morbidity and transmission by achieving the UNAIDS and PEPFAR goal of 95/95/95 HIV treatment coverage by providing comprehensive HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment maintenance services in Luapula, Northern and Muchinga provinces of Zambia. The USAID Action HIV project will work closely with and in support of the Ministry of Health.
Minimum Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Diploma in Biomedical Sciences/ Medical Laboratory Sciences
- Minimum 2 to 3 Years Working in Medical Laboratory or Related Field
- Experience in Biosafety and Biosecurity
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Experience in Laboratory stock Management and ELMIS systems
- Understands ISO 15189 requirements
- Ability to follow biohazard guideline
- Training and certification in HIV rapid testing.
Desirable Qualifications and Experience
- BSc in Biomedical Sciences
- Experience in Biosafety and Biosecurity
- Experience in Quality Management System by ensuring all EQA specimen reach desired facilities and Laboratories
- Member of Health Professions Council of Zambia (HPCZ)
TECHNICAL AND BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES
- Planning and Organizing
- Excellent verbal, written communication, and great coordination skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Research and analysis skills
- Ability to multitask
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Monitor and report on the implementation of eLABS by facilities using the eLABS dashboard
- Maintain a clean pending list by identifying samples that are outstanding from being processed timeously and acting on it.
- Monitor District and Facility inventory stock management for Laboratory equipment, Reagents, and consumables.
- Ensure availability of VL and EID stationery (Plain papers, barcodes, VL and EID Registers, Job Aides and SOP’s.
- Manage stock and timely request for new stock.
- Ensure district courier motorbikes riders adhere to the sample tracking form and Courier schedule (Shipping List).
- Create demand for VL, HPV, TB, and EID sample collection at facility, district and hub level.
- Schedule Participate and report on the district technical working groups.
- Process HIVVL, HPV, EID and TB samples using POC.
- Provide detailed monthly reports on eLABS performance and availability of tracer commodities in the districts and hub.
- Monitor TAT and Facility activeness for POC and sample management.
- Coordinates and facilitates proficiency testing (PT) for all POC tests in the hub.
- Support QMS activities in the District and Hub Laboratory.
- Provide a QMS facility performance report on QMS Lab activities
- Applications in the form of a cover letter and CV must be submitted to [email protected]
- All applicants are required to complete an online competency assessment accessible using this link – https://my.assessio.com/right-to-care-laboratory-technologist_northernluap
- Only applicants that complete the two steps above will be considered.
By applying for the above-mentioned position, you consent to Right to Care to conduct qualification, ID, criminal and reference checks (internal and external) which forms part of the Company’s recruitment policy and procedure. Should you not receive a response to your application from Right to Care within one month of this advert being placed, kindly consider your application as being unsuccessful.
Applicants are required to complete all screening assessment questions and completion of competency assessment using the link provided above for the application of this position to be complete. Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process. Right to Care reserves the right to withdraw the vacancy at any time for whatever reason.
Right to Care is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer. The Company’s approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we actively encourage and welcome people with various disabilities to apply.
Right to Care Zambia is aware of fraudulent activities by certain individuals claiming to be representatives of the organization.
Be advised that Right to Care does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process, and as such Right to Care Zambia assumes no responsibility for any announcements or activities by such individuals or entities.