Right to Care Zambia
Treating Health Seriously
Right to Care is at the vanguard in supporting and delivering prevention, care, and treatment services for HIV and associated diseases. We work with government and communities to find pioneering solutions to build and strengthening public healthcare.
We embrace a strong entrepreneurial culture and focuses on innovation and the use of technology to enhance services, address skills shortages, and deliver quality healthcare outcomes. Our areas of expertise include HIV and TB care and treatment, pharmacy automation, medical male circumcision, and cervical cancer diagnosis and treatment.
In 2021, Right to Care Zambia was awarded a five-year project funded by USAID through the PEPFAR mechanism. The USAID Action HIV project aims to reduce HIV mortality, morbidity and transmission by achieving the UNAIDS and PEPFAR goal of 95/95/95 HIV treatment coverage by providing comprehensive HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment maintenance services in Luapula, Northern and Muchinga provinces of Zambia. The USAID Action HIV project will work closely with and in support of the Ministry of Health.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Minimum Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s in Public Health with
- 7 – 10 years’ experience in clinical HIV/AIDS Care and Treatment, Adult and Paediatric ART.
- Training in Project Management will be an added advantage
- Training in HIV/OI Management in a requirement
Desirable Qualifications and Experience:
- 5 – 7 years’ experience in managing a project, District or Provincial Health Office
- Strong knowledge of HIV/AIDS policy, strategy and programmes
- Experience in Training / facilitation or mentorship programs
TECHNICAL AND BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES
- Computer literate
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office
- Good communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Project Management skills
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Provide general administration, and overall programmatic technical support through; budgeting/planning, monitoring and reporting.
- Effective programme planning implementation and monitoring of DSD project at Provincial Levels.
- Increase quality of HIV services in scale-up and sustained districts.
- Improve range of comprehensive HIV/AIDS services in scale-up and sustained districts
- Ensure robust community involvement and participation in the provision of HIV services in collaborative working relationship with Provincial and District Management Teams.
- Improved use and management of information systems.
- Strengthened data management system including electronic smart care system
- Contribution towards success of technical programme in its planned strategy.
- Brief and communicate programmatic performance to management in consultation with the Head of Technical Programs.
- Work closely with MoH and Provincial personnel and other stakeholders e.g. laboratory services, pharmacy to develop and implement strategies to strengthen the program management.
- Ensure adherence of USAID/GRZ internal controls/following SOPs & ensure that all administration in the department is coordinated and according to internal standards
- Performing tasks accurately, completely and effectively in line with management expectations and department performance standards.
- Applications in the form of a cover letter and CV must be submitted to [email protected]
- All applicants are required to complete an online competency assessment accessible using this link-https://my.assessio.com/right-to-care-provincial-manager—northern-provin
- Only applicants that complete the two steps above will be considered.
By applying for the above-mentioned position, you consent to Right to Care to conduct qualification, ID, criminal and reference checks (internal and external) which forms part of the Company’s recruitment policy and procedure. Should you not receive a response to your application from Right to Care within one month of this advert being placed, kindly consider your application as being unsuccessful.
Applicants are required to complete all screening assessment questions and completion of competency assessment using the link provided above for the application of this position to be complete. Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process. Right to Care reserves the right to withdraw the vacancy at any time for whatever reason.
Right to Care is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer. The Company’s approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we actively encourage and welcome people with various disabilities to apply.
Right to Care Zambia is aware of fraudulent activities by certain individuals claiming to be representatives of the organization.
Be advised that Right to Care does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process, and as such Right to Care Zambia assumes no responsibility for any announcements or activities by such individuals or entities.