Right to Care Zambia
Treating Health Seriously
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Minimum Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Grade 12 Certificate
- Diploma in Basic counselling or HIV/AIDS training.
- 3 years experiences
- Trained in HIV Counselling, testing and ART Adherence
- 2 years’ experience in counselling supervision
Desirable Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree in Project Management/Public Health/communication
- Prior experience working in HIV Management/Control
- 5 years’ experience
- Health care service delivery background
TECHNICAL AND BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES
- Problem solving skills
- Counselling skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Supervision skills (guiding, supporting)
- Good interpersonal skill
- Personal management skills
- HTS linkage Viral Load HVST
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Providing Pre- and Post-Counselling
- Plan HTS activities focused at achieving HTS indicators
- Conducting health education to HIVAIDSTB patients
- Identifying problems and setting priorities with the patient
- Sharing and distribution of IEC materials both at facility and community.
- Case Finding- Devise interventions to find Men, Paediatrics, and adolescents.
- Counselling of clients
- Risk Assessment and IPV screening
- Assist clients in making informed decisions.
- Presenting reports to multidisciplinary team for inputs
- Referral of patients to relevant departments and services such as GBV
- Entering into the daily register each patient counselled or educated i.e., their age, gender etc.
- Ensuring that all HTS registers are updated daily, and all backlog worked on immediately to the current date.
- Communicate the statistics to the Line manager by the 25th of each month.
- Compile and store regular reports relating to RTC – supported HIV service as required by RTC management.
- Applications in the form of a cover letter and CV must be submitted to [email protected]
- All applicants are required to complete an online competency assessment accessible using this link – https://my.assessio.com/right-to-care-professional-counsellor-zm_luapula-x
- Only applicants that will complete the two steps above will be considered.
By applying for the above-mentioned position, you consent to Right to Care to conduct qualification, ID, criminal and reference checks (internal and external) which forms part of the Company’s recruitment policy and procedure. Should you not receive a response to your application from Right to Care within one month of this advert being placed, kindly consider your application as being unsuccessful.
Applicants are required to complete all screening assessment questions and completion of competency assessment using the link provided above for the application of this position to be complete. Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process. Right to Care reserves the right to withdraw the vacancy at any time for whatever reason.
Right to Care is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer. The Company’s approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we actively encourage and welcome people with various disabilities to apply.
Right to Care Zambia is aware of fraudulent activities by certain individuals claiming to be representatives of the organization.
Be advised that Right to Care does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process, and as such Right to Care Zambia assumes no responsibility for any announcements or activities by such individuals or entities.