Konkola Copper Mines (KCM)
Konkola Copper Mines plc
Konkola Copper Mines (KCM) is one of the largest copper producers in Zambia. It operates underground and open pit mines as well as metallurgical plants with operations located at Nchanga, Konkola, Nkana and Nampundwe, KCM’s operations include a state-of-the-art smelter, open pit and underground mines and a refinery. KCM’s vision is to leverage minerals and Human Resources to enhance stakeholder value and Zambia’s pride. To support this vision KCM will be recruiting a qualified and experienced individual for the below position at Nchanga Mine in Chingola.
To operate as KCM authority and advisor at Nchanga Mine on all matters relating to hoisting equipment in the specific areas of hoist rope installations and conveyances.
- Monitor compliance testing of equipment to company standards and procedures, and to the requirement of the Zambian Mining Regulations
- Conduct over-inspection or unscheduled examinations to double-check the standard of maintenance and ensure that the vital equipment is kept at the highest level of engineering practice
- Examine and analyse the results of statutory and non-statutory compliance, non-destructive and other regular tests
- Carry out investigations when unusual, dangerous or reportable incidents occur on the equipment
- Assist hoisting plant staff in fault finding, diagnosing breakdowns or any other problems on the equipment and to advise management, if and when, changes, modification, renewal etc. of the equipment should be done
- Will be liaison official between the inspectorate, regulatory agency (MSD) and the company (KCM) in matters relating to all the winding plants on ropes
- Degree in Physical Metallurgy from a recognized university
- Minimum of ten (10) years’ work experience in maintenance and operation of shafts and associated equipment
- Must possess strong analytical & communication skills
- Result oriented and self-starter with good understanding of key stakeholders
- Member of Engineering Institute of Zambia (EIZ)
- Registered Engineer
Candidates who meet the above requirements should send their detailed CVs, photocopies of their academic & professional qualifications and any other relevant qualifications to the HCM Resourcing Manager, Konkola Copper Mines, P/B KCM (c) 2000, Fern Avenue, Chingola, or email to [email protected] on or before 4th September 2020. Female professionals are encouraged to apply.