John Snow, Inc.
John Snow, Inc. (JSI) seeks highly qualified and accomplished public health leaders and providers for the recently awarded United States Agency for International Development (USAID)/PEPFAR-funded Supporting an AIDS-Free Era (SAFE) Project in Zambia. The five year project which will be led by JSI in partnership with Abt Associates,mothers2mothers, and the Catholic Medical Mission Board, will work to reduce HIV mortality, morbidity and transmission, while improving nutrition outcomes and family planning integration in three provinces: Central, Copperbelt, and North-Western. USAID/PEPFAR SAFE will work with the GRZ, private sector and civil society institutions at the national, provincial, and district level to increase access to ART for HIV positive adults and children, reduce the incidence of new infections, improve Nutritional Assessment, Counseling and Services (NACS) and family planning services, and increase the capacity of local health institutions to better serve affected populations.
Position Title: 5 Roving Team Leaders and 5 Roving Team Drivers
Position Type: Full Time
Location: Selected districts in Central Province (Mumbwa, Chibombo, Kapiri, Serenj/Mkushi), Ngabwe
Note: Kindly indicate your preferred district.
The USAID/PEPFAR SAFE Project works closely with GRZ health facilities to provide HIV/AIDS services in Central, Copperbelt and Northwestern Provinces. The project now seeks the services of highly qualified and motivated health professionals and drivers to fill the position of Roving ART Team Leaders and Roving Drivers who will be based in the districts enlisted above. Each team will be based at the District Health Office where they will directly support district ART programmes with staff complement from GRZ to complete the team. Their task is to ensure that people who test positive to HIV in facilities and communities where there is no facility based ART provider are not denied the opportunity to access treatment.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties of the Roving Team Leader:
- Provide leadership to the team which will be formed in collaboration with the DHD and ART coordinator
- Attend to ART clients on a daily basis in facilities and communities which have no permanent clinician
- Initiate new clients into treatment using the most recent treatment guidelines from MOH
- Ensure that all clients have their laboratory investigations and receive their results timely
- Inform the project leadership about any form of drug resistance that you observe
- Work with treatment adherence supporters to ensure that all patients are retained on treatment and that they get positive outcomes from treatment
- Work with district and Project nutritionists to assess all patients for nutritional support, where it is needed
- Work with the M&E unit to compile trends in the behaviour of UNAIDS strategy of 90, 90, 90 but more importantly the trends of the viral load results for each client and per facility
- Attend facility and district led meetings on ART particularly those involving SAFE supported facilities
- Closely work with the TB department to make bidirectional referrals to rule out co-morbidity of HIV and TB
- Provide hands on mentorship to other members of staff at the facility on new developments in ART
- Complete monthly and quarterly reports as well as participate in DQA activities
- Any other duty assigned by the Chief of Party.
Desirable Qualifications and Competencies:
a). Roving Team Leader:
- Medical Doctor with MBChB or Clinical officer or equivalent with additional training and experience in adult and paediatrics ART
- Ability to lead and work in teams including working as the District Team Lead for USAID/PEPFAR SAFE activities in the district
- Good communication skills and personality appropriate for mentoring health workers and provide on the job training
- Deep knowledge of both WHO and the Zambian treatment guidelines
- Able to work smoothly with GRZ hospitals and District Health ART coordinators and provide the District Health Director with updates on the performance of facilities
- Ability to multi-task efficiently and prioritize activities in support of Project goals and deadlines
- Willingness to support roving/mobile teams when called upon
b). For Roving Team Driver
- Clean class C driver’s license with an impeccable record
- Knowledge in basic mechanics
- Good grade 12 certificate with additional training in logistics
- Preferably additional training in counselling and testing to allow you participate in daily activities beyond driving the car
To apply: Send an application via email to [email protected] In the subject line please indicate the position you are applying for; only those applications that reference the position in the subject line will be reviewed. Your application should consist of a cover letter and CV with three references and full addresses and contact information. Please ensure that you mention www.gozambiajobs.com as the source of this job advertisement when applying for this role.
Closing Date: Tuesday, 21 November 2017
Only candidates meeting the minimum requirements will be contacted. If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks after the closing date, kindly assume that your application was not successful.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org