SABLE ZINC KABWE
Timely analysis of all samples using AAS, XRF and titration methods of all the plant liquors, third part samples, metallurgical samples and special samples in conformity with internal quality controls and set turnaround times. Maintain highest standard of lab hygiene, ambience and safety. Perform any other task assigned by the Supervisor.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accurate analysis of process control samples and report within defined turnaround times,
- Perform laboratory analyses as per stipulated procedure.
- Perform chemical tests on other samples as requested or assigned,
- Update respective reports on time,
- Perform daily calibration checks on balances.
- To check and record daily acetylene and compressed air levels,
- To always ensure there is proper labelling of reagents and equipment in the laboratory,
- To make sure that laboratory waste solutions are neutralized before disposal in order to protect the environment under which Sable operate,
Adhere to good laboratory practices,
- Manage inventory, laboratory consumables and supplies and report those that are nearing reorder points,
- Calibrate and clean equipment before use.
- Adhere to safety standards and regulations, including wearing proper protective equipment,
- Maintain good housekeeping at all times,
- Prepare and standardize all laboratory reagents and standard solutions when out of stock,
- Report and monitor expired chemicals and reagents to the supervisor prior to expiration.
Education and Work Experience:
- Diploma in Laboratory science, or related field,
- 2 years’ experience in an analytical laboratory,
- Computer literate especially MS Word and MS Excel,
- Experience in a mining laboratory is preferable.
Skills and Competencies:
- Solid analytical skills,
- Good Laboratory Practices (GLP),
- Good attention to detail,
- Strong computer skills,
- Familiarity with software programs like Microsoft Word and Excel,
- Excellent communication skills,
- Good time management skills,
- Ability to operate electrical and non-electrical laboratory equipment,
- Comfortable handling potentially dangerous substances, such as flammable liquids and biohazards.