Requisition Number: 505443
Contract Type: Fixed Term
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
The holder of this position will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, as well as finance, human resources, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function.
- This position will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality and any other regulations as required by the company.
- Ensuring that all copper concentrate samples received are logged in the Laboratory information Management system (LIMS) and prepared within agreed turnaround times.
- Ensuring that sampling procedures are followed and adhered to.
- Ensuring that sample buckets/containers are properly labelled and sealed.
- Ensuring that both auto samplers for copper concentrates are cleaned.
- Ensuring that all samples are signed for by sample preparers upon delivering them to the sample preparation section of the Laboratory.
- Report any anomaly that may arise in sampling of copper concentrates to the responsible chemist,
- Report any malfunction of the sampling equipment to the relevant authorities.
- Carrying out any other task as assigned by the c.
- Working co-operatively;
- Being open and honest;
- Maintaining of Good House Keeping
- Upholding Safety
- Encouraging two way communications.
- Attending daily team toolbox meetings.
- Act in line with Company goals and values.Qualifications
- A full Grade 12 Certificate with clear passes in English, Sciences and Mathematics
- Relevant experience will be an added advantage and not a requirement.
- Bold Initiative
- Thinking Safety
- Upholding Quality
- Technical Skill
- Driving Quantity
- Driving Attendance
- Training in handling of chemicals
- Training in basic computers
- Training in use of sample preparation equipment
- Training in LIMS
- Shift work
- Training in procedure application
- Valid silicosis certificate.
Applications close: 18 Jun 2019 FLE Daylight Time