Save the Children International
OFFICE CLEANING AND GARDENING SERVICES OPPORTUNITY
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organization for children. Our Vision is a world in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation. In Zambia, Save the Children works in the following Thematic areas: Education, Health& Nutrition, Child Protection, Child Rights Governance and Child Poverty; including Humanitarian response.
Save the Children wishes to invite qualified organizations with highly motivated, energetic, and hard-working staff to work as Cleaners and Gardeners to apply for the following opportunity to provide office cleaning and gardening services:
To provide office cleaning and gardening services. The goal is to keep our offices and surroundings in a clean and required standard as well as facilitate staff office needs when need arises.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Cleaners and Gardeners
These will include:
- Dust furniture, equipment, partitions, walls, hanging office posters, etc
- To keep offices clean and free from dust as per the required standard
- To prepare tea areas in all the designated areas and ensure that these areas are always kept clean, dirty cutlery and cups always replaced with clean ones, every 1-2 hours
- To assist with distribution of stationery and facilitate movement of documents within the office for members of staff’s attention
- Assist with packing and offloading office supplies/ furniture/equipment/etc
- Clean and disinfect sinks, countertops, floors, toilet, mirrors, tables, chairs, refrigerators, microwaves, in bathrooms, offices, meeting rooms, kitchen and gardens
- Replenish supplies in bathrooms, meeting rooms and tea areas
- To perform a monthly thorough cleaning up of offices; Sweep, mop, vacuum and/or hand scrub floors using scrubbing machine, vacuum cleaner, brooms, mops and any required chemicals and cleaning materials.
- Empty trash bins into disposal areas
- Identify potential maintenance issues in the offices and surroundings, and communicate them to the Administration office; also logging the issues, in the office maintenance book by the Administration officer’s desk
- Comply with all safety policies and procedures relating to performance of tasks, use of products or supplies and incident reporting
- Punctuality, arrive at work as per scheduled time, perform services to established standards and ensure the offices are locked and secured when you finish the daily tasks and leave Save the Children
- Perform any other duties as assigned when need arises
Skills and Competencies of the Cleaners and Gardeners that will be assigned for this opportunity
- Grade Twelve Certificate holders- the suitable organization will be requested to submit copies of certificates and NRCs for the Cleaners and Gardeners who will be assigned to work at save the Children
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented – pays attention to details at each work station, with extra attention to any special requests.
- Friendly and professional – able to deal with diverse members of staff while cleaning and gardening
- Team player – ability to work within a team where members depend on each other to get work done
- Self-starter – able to identify work that needs to be done and do it without being instructed to do so e.g. sweeping, mopping, dusting, cutting of grass, etc
- Good common sense with ability to solve practical problems.
Level 2 – the responsibilities of this opportunity may require the Cleaners and gardeners to have minimal contact with or access to children or young people. In this regard, the job holders should be in a position to work and uphold the interest of Children and uphold the organization’s Child Safeguarding policy.
Submission should include the following documentation:
- Company profile
- Certificate of Incorporation
- Tax Clearance Certificate
- Five reference organizations where such services are being performed
- Price List for the office Cleaning and Gardening services, including equipment and materials.
How to Apply:
Please submit only hard copies of your application clearly labelled “PROVISION OF OFFICE CLEANING AND GARDENING SERVICES” to: The Human Resource and Administration Manager, Save the Children International, Plot # 16794, off Alick Nkhata Road, Mass Media area. Lusaka
The closing date for receipt of applications is on 15th January, 2019, 13:00hrs. Only short listed organizations will be notified.
Save the Children reserves the right to re-advertise if a suitable organization is not found.