Save the Children International
Position: Supply Chain & Fleet Officer
TEAM/PROGRAMME: Program Operations
POST TYPE: National
Level 3: the role holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work in country programs; or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
Supply Chain & Fleet Officer will be responsible for Stock & Warehousing Management, Fleet and Asset Management and a component of procurement for Save the Children Lusaka Country Office.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Supply Chain Manager
Staff directly reporting to this post: Drivers.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Support the management and procurement execution pursuant to Save the Children procurement policies, processes and essential standards framework.
- Request for Quotations and preparations of the Comparative Bids Analysis, amongst others.
Warehousing and Stock Management.
- Responsible for supporting programme staff in devising of Distribution Plans and facilitating timely dispatch of supplies to beneficiaries through Save the Children set guidelines.
- Responsible for entering all programme supplies on the system generated Goods Received Notes timely and coordinating simultaneous release and updating of the system in collaboration with the Budget Holders.
- Responsible for the preparation of the stores warehouse report on a monthly basis and ensure that the Warehousing Key Performance Indicators are met and the programme operations pertaining to warehousing meets the set minimum operating standards.
- Responsible for supporting staff in evaluations of Gifts in Kind and management pursuant to the award management cycle.
- The Supply Chain & Fleet Officer is responsible for the country fleet and shall provide and oversee the field office fleet, to ensure that there is coordination and maintenance.
- Driving staff will also form a critical component of the job description.
- The Supply Chain & Fleet Officer will ensure that the list of authorized drivers, vehicle movement and planning, usage recharge and maintenance strategies are in place.
- Responsible for ensuring that comprehensive vehicle reports are prepared, reports analyzed, and action points devised and implemented for the benefit of fleet management improvement.
- Will be responsible for coordinating vehicle procurement, insurance and ensuring that vehicles are in road worthy condition.
- Responsible for fuel management ensuring that the fuel account is maintained well, reconciliations effected timely, and expenses charged to the different awards pursuant to usage.
- Responsible for coordinating Drivers to the field and staff self-drive and ensuring that Logbooks are filled in accordingly.
- Ensures that vehicles are adequately equipped with tools, fire extinguishers, first aid kits and any other equipment required as part of the programmes local safety and security policies and procedures.
Other General Support Activities
- Support the Country Office in execution of procurement of services including consultancies.
- Will be responsible for repetitive procurement of accommodation, conference facilities and office groceries amongst others.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values.
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same.
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others.
- Future orientated, thinks strategically.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners and supporters.
- Values diversity sees it as a source of competitive strength.
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions.
- Willing to take disciplined risks.
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor of Science in Purchasing and Supply Chain Management or equivalent qualifications with at least 5 years’ experience in a Purchasing Department in an International Nongovernmental Organization.
- Must be self-driven, honest, and have the ability to work well under pressure.
- Experience of working with funding from major institutional donors such as USAID, Swedish International Development agency (SIDA), European Union (EU) etc.
- Should have a valid Driving License.
QUALIFIED APPLICANTS SHOULD ONLY ATTACH A COVER LETTER AND AN UPDATED CV.
The closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 1st September 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Save the Children reserves the right to re advertise if suitable applicants are not found.
Save the Children is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not engage in any practices which discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status and we will never ask that you pay for anything as part of the selection process or thereafter.