Website Save the Children International - Zambia
The world’s leading independent organization
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organization for children. Our Vision is a world in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation. In Zambia, Save the Children works in the following Thematic areas: Education, Health& Nutrition, Child Protection, Child Rights Governance and Child Poverty; including Humanitarian response. Save the Children wishes to invite qualified individuals to apply for the following position:
Position: Executive Assistant – Temporal (x 1 position)
Duty Station: Lusaka, Zambia
To provide administrative support to the Country Director at Save the Children and undertake operational and office management duties are carried out effectively and efficiently. The Executive Assistant serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external areas on all matters pertaining to the Country Directors’ office.
The incumbent will be reporting to Country Director
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Assists the Country Director with daily administrative duties and completes a broad variety of administrative tasks that include managing an active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries and agendas and compiling documents for meetings.
- Supports the CD to prepare information for presentations, media interviews in collaboration with the Communications & Campaigns Manager.
- Communicates with the general staff on the CDs behalf and coordinates logistics for high-level meetings both internally and externally. Coordinates the CD’s meetings and strategic activities.
- Coordinates the agenda of Senior Leadership team meetings. Prepares an account of the meetings and designates and follows up on assigned action items.
- Liaising with clients at a high-level on behalf of the Country Director.
- Setting up Business Planning meetings and coordinating all meetings in support of team efficiency
- Working with the Country Director and SLT to ensure the team meets the business planning targets
- Providing direct support to the CD as required, particularly in meeting business planning targets.
- Updating the CD on key organisational issues when she is out of the office.
- Perform any other tasks requested by the CD
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Diploma in Management, Business Administration or relevant field
- 1 years demonstrated experience in similar position
- International NGO work experience an added advantage
- Experience working at Executive Assistant level with Senior management and senior level clients
- Ability to manage complex and highly confidential information
- Excellent interpersonal relationship skills
- Must have a mature and honest disposition
- A high degree of personal organisation and self-management
- Team player
- Experience as a virtual assistant.
- Computer literate
The post holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
Level 3 – the responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with or access to children or young people.
How to Apply: Send your cover letter and CV to the email address below.
PLEASE DO NOT ATTACH COPIES OF YOUR CERTIFICATES
The closing date for receipt of applications is 28th October 2020 at 17:00hrs. Only short listed candidates will be notified.
Save the Children reserves the right to re advertise if suitable applicants are not found.