Website SAVE THE CHILDREN
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organizatio
The Sponsorship Field Office Manager is responsible for the development and management of all Save the Children’s programmes as well as humanitarian response, representation and advocacy in the field office. He/ She will work with other managers to ensure that programmes are carried out in line with Save the Children country and global priorities. The post-holder will also be expected to effectively and efficiently coordinate operations systems, processes and activities so that programmes are delivered on time according to organisational strategy, donor requirements and within allocated budget. The Sponsorship Field Office Manager will be responsible for overseeing the implementation of the sponsorship funded program according to SC Sponsorship policies, procedures and standards. Within his/her capacity the Sponsorship Field Office Manager will work closely with the Director Programme Operations and Technical Units to meet all sponsorship-related objectives as well as to ensure that day to day activities are coordinated with the Senior Field Coordinator. The Sponsorship Field Office Manager ensures that sponsorship resources are focused on reaching strategic objectives, retaining sponsors, meeting sponsor expectations and adhering to all internal and external standards.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Through thematic programme managers/programme coordinators, oversee development and implementation of work/program in Health, Education, including Humanitarian Response in the field office; ensuring work is closely aligned with Save the Children organisational objectives/work plans is implemented in strict conformity with donor agreements, and meets the highest standards of technical quality.
- Assume overall management of all programme development and implementation activities in the field office.
- Monitor programme activities to ensure their compliance with Save the Children country and global policies and procedures as well as donor regulations and agreements.
- Collaborate with the Director Programme Operations and the Program Technical Unit to prepare the sponsorship section of the Country Annual Plan (CAP) and Annual Report.
- Lead in all budget planning related to sponsorship.
- Ensure that Sponsorship funded programs reflect the best of Critical Appraisal Skills Programme (CASP) and that the program cycle for all CASP modules is fully completed and documented.
- Ensure appropriate reports, phase over plans are developed and presented to the Country Office (CO) leadership for discussion and endorsement.
- Ensure that systems are in place to monitor child eligibility and participation in sponsorship-funded programs.
- Report ineligibility of any enrolled child within established timeframes and monitor the sponsor termination rate monthly as well as take appropriate actions to ensure that the rate is minimized and as per target.
- Ensure compliance with the Sponsorship Policies and Procedures Manual and external standards including the InterAction Sponsorship Certification Standards.
- Ensure that proper parental consent is obtained for all enrolled children. Oversee annual updating of data and photos for all enrolled children annually through the AFU process.
- Utilize the ASISt database to the maximum of its capacity for monitoring and reporting functions throughout the sponsorship management system. Ensure that staff members are trained in the use of ASISt.
- Work with staff and communities to enroll children in sponsorship. Meet annual enrollment targets.
- Ensure that community members and parents of sponsored children have a firm understanding of sponsorship and SCI through sponsorship orientation session(s).
- Collaborate with HR and Operations to ensure key stakeholders, incl. communities have good understanding of the SCI child safeguarding policy and adhere to its content.
- Lead quality improvement efforts to ensure that key areas for improvement are identified each year and progress toward improvement is tracked.
- Provide effective management of human resources by providing direction to sponsorship staff, set performance objectives/strategies that relate to Sponsorship policies and procedures. In order to achieve operational and strategic objectives.
- Conduct regular Field Office Sponsorship staff meetings and ensure strong accountability to beneficiaries.
- Participate in the elaboration and implementation of the Country Strategy Plan (CSP), the Country Annual Plan, and other strategic planning processes as may be required by the Zambia programme.
- Represent Save the Children to local authorities, donors and civil society organisations in the field
- Ensure optimal security management procedures and practices are in place and continually monitor the security situation, adapting staff safety procedures accordingly.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant Save the Children policies and procedures with respect to child safeguarding, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies.
Staff Management, Mentorship, and Development
- Ensure that all staff have clear job descriptions, understand and are able to perform their role.
- Manage team; define expectations, provide leadership and technical support as needed, and evaluate direct reports regularly.
- When, necessary ensure the recruitment and training and of staff as appropriate and ensure availability of appropriate professional development opportunities for staff.
- Manage the performance of all staff in the field office.
The post holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
Please visit our website on https://zambia.savethechildren.net/about-us for detailed job advertisement indicating specific requirements needed for the position.
How to Apply: Please send only your application letter clearly stating the position in the subject line with a detailed CV indicating 3 traceable referees, one of whom should have been direct supervisor, through email to: The Director Human Resources at [email protected] .
Please ensure that you mention www.gozambiajobs.com as the source of this job advertisement.
PLEASE DO NOT ATTACH COPIES OF YOUR CERTIFICATES
The closing date for receipt of applications is 21st January 2018 (Extended for one week).
Only short listed candidates will be notified. Save the Children reserves the right to re advertise if suitable applicants are not found.