Website SAVE THE WATERS
We seek to fill the position of Accountant in Lusaka, Zambia.
- Assist the Director in the preparation of the annual budgets for approval by the Board;
- Advise the Director on financial strategy and its impact on in-country and regional objectives, providing input when the financial performance
- Analyze and interpret financial data and recommend changes to improve systems, processes and financial performance.
- Regularly review financial reports and compare outcomes against actual and projected spending, assist the Director to analyze successes and failings, and identify areas of improvement;
- Participate in developing the annual work plan and assist in program/project budget preparation;
- Oversee and help manage any specific program audits that may be requested and actively participate in the preparation of our annual financial audit;
- Reviewing of financial documents and transactions in the organization to ascertain compliance, accuracy, relevance and reasonableness of the transactions. These include monthly operating reports, financial statements and related compliance reports.
- Provide support and training of all finance staff and sub-grantees to ensure that they comply with generally accepted accounting and business practices, and insure that they meet donor and our standards with respect to and the safeguarding and responsible use of all activity procured materials and equipment;
- Regular coordination and communication on financial management matters
- Required education: Bachelor’s degree
- Required relevant work experience: 2 years
- Required languages: English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)