Website SCAW LIMITED
Scaw Limited is a Copperbelt-based manufacturing Company specialized in the manufacturing of grinding media, castings products, industrial oxygen and acetylene, that was established in 1960.
The Company seeks to employ a suitably qualified, experienced and result oriented individual to fill up the following position(s) on a two-year contract renewable depending on individual performance;
1. PROCUREMENT OFFICER (02)
The purpose of this role is to purchase quality goods and services timeously and at competitive prices to ensure smooth plant operations.
Duties and Responsibilities;
- Ensure that all approved purchase requisitions from departments are actioned in accordance with laid down procedures to meet the requirement of the operations.
- Send out enquiries for all approved purchase requisitions in order to get quotations from suppliers.
- Adjudicate quotations received from both local and foreign suppliers in order to select the best suppliers using the value for money considerations.
- Improve supply chain sourcing strategies by looking for better sources of materials and services.
- Ensure an effective communication of purchase orders and delivery dates to internal customers (HOD, Stores Controller) timeously for planning purposes and to avoid stock outs.
- Ensure value for money is realized through effective and efficient negotiation without delaying the procurement process.
- Ensure compliance with all statutory and regulatory requirements in line with production operations in order to maintain the SCAW brand.
- Ensure timely payments to suppliers are made by diligently making follow ups with finance department.
- Conduct annual supplier/contractor performance evaluations for all active local suppliers to identify performance gaps and make recommendations.
Skills and Competencies
- Experience in working in multi-cultural environment/s.
- Good communication skills.
- Knowledge of conducting tenders.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrate sound work ethics.
- Full Grade Twelve (12) Certificate with Five (05) Credits or better.
- Degree in Purchasing and Supply or equivalent certification.
- Minimum of three (03) years’ experience.
Only applicants who meet the above requirements should submit their applications with copies of detailed Curriculum Vitae with traceable references, academic/ professional qualifications and any other relevant documentation in support of the application. Applications should be submitted to the address below or emailed to [email protected] not later than 22nd November, 2022.
Only short-listed candidates will be communicated to.
HEAD – MANPOWER DEVELOPMENT AND TRAINING
CORPORATE SERVICES DEPARTMENT
P.O. BOX 20418