Website Sebafoods (Z) Limited
Seba Foods Zambia Limited is a Zambian registered company incorporated in1997 and a renowned producer of maize and soya based consumer food products. Over the years, the company’s products have become house hold names in Zambia, priding themselves in a very high – quality products through well-known brands such as Golden Goodness and instant Thobwa.
Seba foods is committed to producing high quality food products only from the finest quality soya beans and maize, sourced from local farmers in Zambia. The company’s ethos of providing the best possible quality from seed to the shelf has over the years been a proven mark for the brands and has been enjoyed by many Zambians and beyond.
In addition to our food processing our aim is to increase efficiencies in the soya value chain, and improve the livelihoods of smallholder farmers. We anticipate to build smallholder farmer capacity for thousands of targeted smallholder farmers in soya beans production, aggregation and marketing, of which 50% are women, by working on the grass-root levels to improve yields for these farmers.
Reporting to the Production Manager, Mechanical Maintenance Technician will be responsible for assisting the Production Manager in establishment of preventative and responsive Mechanical Maintenance and development within the process area and across the site, to ensure maximum operational performance is achieved in a safe and cost-effective manner while ensuring compliance with relevant procedures, polices, legal requirements and consent conditions.
Duties will include but not limited to the following.
- Strong knowledge of machines and equipment in food industry such as Hammer Mills, Chain and Screw Conveyors, Bucket Elevators, Chain Couplings, Gear Boxes, Valves and Bearings etc.
- Responsible to Prepare Preventive Maintenance schedule and Effective Utilization of Man and Machine.
- Execution and implementation of preventive maintenance schedule of machines.
- Evaluate the Maintenance activities and techniques.
- Preparation of fabrication and erection drawings and work according to fabrication requirements.
- Maintenance of Screw feeders, Air Compressors, Pneumatic valves, Cylinders and Pumps and Valves.
- Knowledge of AUTO CAD, MS office will be an added advantage.
- Should have knowledge of Steam Boiler Maintenance.
- Responsible for Maintenance of DG sets and Utilities.
- Should have good knowledge of welding work and General Plumbing Work.
- Knowledge of Metallic parts repairing.
- Responsible for maintenance of FFS Multi Head Packaging Machines, Weighing Scales, Stitching Machines & capable to handle the shift maintenance activities.
- Should have an exposure of maintenance activities of shop floor machines of any process/FMCG Manufacturing industry. Hand on experience will add extra advantage.
- Knowledge about IMS, ISO Systems, 5S, Six Sigma will be an advantage.
- Maintain the list for machine standards & identify critical spares required.
- Candidate must have Craft/Advanced Certificate in Mechanical Engineering from a recognized Learning Institution.
- Minimum 5 years work experience is a must in Food Production/ Beverages/Manufacturing industry.
- Able to quickly adapt to technological changes in Mechanical Maintenance.
- Candidate Should be physically fit.
- Personally, demonstrate a positive attitude towards working safely.