Website Sebafoods (Z) Limited
Seba Foods Zambia Limited is a Zambian registered company incorporated in1997 and a renowned producer of maize and soya based consumer food products. Over the years, the company’s products have become house hold names in Zambia, priding themselves in a very high – quality products through well-known brands such as Golden Goodness and instant Thobwa.
Seba foods is committed to producing high quality food products only from the finest quality soya beans and maize, sourced from local farmers in Zambia. The company’s ethos of providing the best possible quality from seed to the shelf has over the years been a proven mark for the brands and has been enjoyed by many Zambians and beyond.
In addition to our food processing our aim is to increase efficiencies in the soya value chain, and improve the livelihoods of smallholder farmers. We anticipate to build smallholder farmer capacity for thousands of targeted smallholder farmers in soya beans production, aggregation and marketing, of which 50% are women, by working on the grass-root levels to improve yields for these farmers.
Reporting to the Packaging Manager, Packaging Machine Operator will be responsible for assisting the Packaging Manager to achieve the maximum efficiency from the packaging machines and development within the process area and across the site, to ensure maximum operational performance is achieved in a safe and cost-effective manner while ensuring compliance with relevant procedures, polices, legal requirements and consent conditions. Duties will include but not limited to the following.
- Packaging Machine Operator will be responsible for maintaining, controlling & operating of VFFS MULTIHEAD type of pouch packaging machines.
- Setup the packaging machine and ensures adequate packaging materials for packaging use before executing the planned job orders.
- Responsible for production monitoring for packaging machines.
- Packaging machine operators ensure that raw materials are never in shortage.
- Responsible for maximum output from the packaging machines.
- Responsible to achieve given target with high efficiency in packaging section.
- Responsible to maintain hygiene and cleanliness in Packaging Section.
- Responsible for optimum utilization of man, machine and materials.
- Responsible for wastage reduction of packaging material.
- Taking care of online Pouch Sealing, Weight & Air leakage problems.
- Reviews checklist or log sheet to ensure completeness and accuracy.
- Ensure operation according to standard procedure and producing the products according to the quality standards and specification.
- Ensures that Hygiene rules & GMP are strictly in place.
- Ensure that equipment is maintained in good and safe working condition.
- Inspect equipment to identify any replacements, malfunctions and repairs.
- Provide help to junior operators in their assigned responsibilities.
- Repair and clean the equipment when needed.
- Work under the guidance of Supervisor to perform and complete the assigned duties in timely manner.
- Evaluate equipment performance and recommend improvements.
- Follow procedures for equipment operation.
- Recommend process improvements to enhance operational efficiency and safety.
- Contribute to waste management programs.
- Identify and report unsafe operations to Supervisor immediately.
- Maintain the work area clean, safe and organized.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
- Examining and discarding defective goods and packaging components.
- Replenishing, Stocking and sorting the packaging supplies.
- Maintaining a report of the total measure of goods manufactured per day.
Qualifications and Experience
- Candidate must have Craft/Advanced Certificate in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering from a recognized Learning Institution.
- Minimum 5 years work experience as a Packaging Machine Operator is a must in Food Production/ Beverages/Manufacturing industry.
- Candidate Should be physically fit.
- Personally, demonstrate a positive attitude towards working safely.