With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Purpose of the position:
To effectively manage the Administration and Security function in line with World Vision’s procedures in order to support the timely implementation of World Vision Programs/Projects that will have the greatest impact on process improvement, simplification, standardization, and cost containment thus ensuring the achievement of the Child Well Being Outcomes. This includes people, inventory, fleet and security incidents management.
To be successful, individuals must possess a combination of business, technical and leadership skills and competencies. This requires an understanding of client’s business needs, processes and functions. They also need a solid knowledge of Security, Security architecture, office management, facilities management, Customer service and support. In addition, individuals working in this job family must have excellent communication skills and the ability to influence others.
Major Responsibilities: (please define in output format – 1-10 things of what you expect to see as a result of this position)
(Accountabilities and results)
- Participate in budgeting process for the department.
- Tracks and takes appropriate steps to stay within budget.
- Controlling the security operations budget, monitoring expenses, and documenting processes.
Policy and Procedures Administration & Security:
- Develop, keep updated the Administration, Security Policies and Procedures Manual; ensure communication of the policies across the program; monitor implementation and compliance
- Ensure compliance with Quality Standards in relation to Office management, and general administration (facilities, rents, etc).
- Developing strategic plans for team activities to include security strategy to achieve agreed targets, and effective planning
- Works with business partners to understand business needs
- Ensuring compliance with company policies and security industry regulations.
- Overall responsibility for Security staff duties, responsibilities and obligations of the company including direction, strategic development, performance and maintenance
- Develop and implement the National Office security strategy in alignment with WV security policy so as to ensure the operational priorities are appropriately supported.
- Ensure Security Risk Assessments, Country Risk Ratings and Core Security Requirement standards, processes and procedures are completed in accordance with Corporate Security guidelines and training.
- Develop and maintain critical security incident contingency plans based on Country Risk Rating and Response Context.
- Represent WVZ at local NGO security network meetings and ensure information from these groups is disseminated to relevant staff.
- Provide a regular security report to the National Office, Region and Office of Corporate Security. Ensure that all security incidents are reported in accordance with WV Security Policy.
- Collaborating with department managers to determine security needs.
- Gathering security intelligence and implementing preventative measures.
- Coordinating responses to emergencies and alarms, as well as compiling incident reports.
- Preparing surveillance equipment maintenance schedules and facilitating repairs in a timely manner.
- Keeping abreast of new technologies and advancements in security services.
- compliance to include legal/statutory, professional duties, responsibilities and obligations relating to security.
- achieve complete security management systems in accordance with organization plans and adherence to legislation and agreed regulatory bodies’ processes and procedures overall team responsibility for performing all security duties in relation to insert as applicable.
- Ensure effective management of the office security in liaison with and the Risk Department.
- Serving as a point of contact with benefit vendors/administrators ensuring that the organization meets all required security and associated health and safety objectives.
- Monitoring & managing security systems and equipment servicing and/or maintenance in conjunction with other appropriate departments
- Effective liaison, support and assistance between security department and remainder of organization
- Develop and manage plans for office seating to ensure that all staff are suitably accommodated.
- Ensure effective reception management and that there is always appropriate cover, and a professional service is provided at all times to staff and visitors,
- Responsible for ensuring the NO has adequate supply of stationery, consumables, office supplies etc. and ensure its effective use,
- Manage the administrative logistics of expatriate and international staff.
- Ensure that effective and efficient events management and logistics are delivered to staff.
- Review procedures and guidelines for Area Programs, Grants Projects, and Warehouses etc. within the organization.
- Keep an up-to-date setting plan for all staff.
- Ensure premises are fit for purpose and suitably equipped and a tidy and professional appearance is maintained.
- Manage, communicate, implement and maintain office Health and Safety procedures including annual risk assessments and develop evacuation and accident procedure,
- Ensure full Health and Safety induction of new staff Carry out a monthly maintenance and Health and Safety check, and arrange, as required for any work to be carried out,
- Liaise with landlords on all WVZ rented properties,
- Oversee the overall maintenance of the residence/office premises, facilities assets and equipment (physical work environment) and ensure that these are secure and efficiently utilized,
- Review and annually update all contracts and leases and ensure they are kept up to date and that all leases are compliant with the Zambian government tax and other legal requirements,
- Oversee the annual preparation of the renewal of licenses and permits as appropriate Support field office facilities management Monitor the status of facilities installments, furniture and fitting, To proactive maintain.
- Maintain a system of asset management in line with World Vision guidelines. Maintain disposal schedule and initiate disposal processes according to World Vision policies.
- Manage the acquisition, deployment, utilization, tracking, and final disposition of assets.
- Provide all Asset movement report, and general reports related to asset activities,
- Develop and maintain general office equipment track; regularly evaluate equipment and plan/recommend up-grade for future needs and also the disposal of obsolete items, take initiatives to adapt economical solutions/services, best practices to save WVZ resources.
STAFF MANAGEMENT & COACHING/MENTORING
- Direct, manage and carry out recruitment of team members, subject to agreed criteria Identifies the roles, skills and knowledge required to achieve goals.
- Ensures staff has the resources and skills needed to support all work initiatives within the assigned function or Center of Competency (COC).
- Direct and manage the performance and development of team members.
- Direct and manage the preparation and agreement of individual action plans and targets for all team members.
- Developing work schedules, allocating tasks, and monitoring personnel performance.
- Direct, manage and maintain contact with internal and external clients/customers for feedback and to obtain client/customer satisfaction information
- Provides coaching and mentoring to less experienced colleagues. May develop and deliver briefings to users and team members.
INVESTIGATIONS AND INCIDENT MANAGEMENT
Work with Regional Security Director, other staff and local law enforcement in investigations of any Security incidents as per global standards.
- All security incidents & fatal and serious harm related Road Traffic Crashes are investigating within established protocols and timeframes with root causes analysis completed
- All Improvement Memos are monitored and implementation of recommendations within 90 days,
- To help identify greatest levels of risk from security management perspective and how to best manage and mitigate those risks in coordination with other internal teams such as risk management, audit, Fleet, operations/programs and procurement.
- Ensure all security incidents are reported and management in accordance to World Vision policy and procedures,
- Maintain and improve mechanisms for risk assessment and disseminate feedback to the appropriate internal entities
TRAINING AND CAPACITY BUILDING
- Coordinate, participate in, and/or train staff in security skills (in accordance with WV security policy) and capacity building,
- Seek to develop a culture of security awareness and monitor staff compliance.
- Facility training for First Aid and firefighting skills,
- Ensure the capacity building plans are implemented, monitored, and take corrective measures for identified gaps/deviations.
The preferred candidate should be able to:
- Share information with clarity and impact using multiple channels and foster open sharing of information throughout the organization.
- Support colleagues to ensure team success, build relationships both internal and external to deliver organizational results, leveraging and respect differences.
- Maintain a commitment to personal, spiritual and professional development.
- Exhibit spiritual maturity, integrity and a dynamic personal sense of life calling.
- Attend and participate in spiritual nurture meetings/devotions as scheduled
- Perform other duties as required.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience, or on-the-job training:
- A University Degree in Business Administration/Logistics or relevant Bachelor’s degree in Security Management, Risk Management, Strategic Studies, International Relations or Emergency Management. (General Management/Administration studies also considered);
- Qualification in Security management or Administration is necessary
- Thorough understanding of security management obligations (including statutory obligations), requirements and dynamics
- Ability in Security Management and Control
- Project Management Skills
- Ability to work under Pressure
- Three (3) years managerial experience in Security and Administration Management
- Must have a valid driving permit with at least 5 years driving experience.
- Must have good analytical and report writing skills.
- High level of integrity and stewardship
- Previous experience in the professional security arena (INGO, Corporate, Military, Law Enforcement, or Emergency Services).
- Committed to the World Vision values and ethics
Working Environment / Conditions:
- Work environment: Office-based and visit to the field from time to time
- 90% office work
- 10% with stake holders and at the APs
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only
To apply for this job please visit worldvision.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.