John Snow, Inc.
John Snow, Inc. (JSI) seeks highly qualified and accomplished public health leaders and providers for the recently awarded United States Agency for International Development (USAID)/PEPFAR-funded Supporting an AIDS-Free Era (SAFE) Project in Zambia. The five year project which will be led by JSI in partnership with Abt Associates,mothers2mothers, and the Catholic Medical Mission Board, will work to reduce HIV mortality, morbidity and transmission, while improving nutrition outcomes and family planning integration in three provinces: Central, Copperbelt, and North-Western. USAID/PEPFAR SAFE will work with the GRZ, private sector and civil society institutions at the national, provincial, and district level to increase access to ART for HIV positive adults and children, reduce the incidence of new infections, improve Nutritional Assessment, Counseling and Services (NACS) and family planning services, and increase the capacity of local health institutions to better serve affected populations.
Position Title: Senior ART Advisor: Paediatrics, Adolescents and Youth
Position Type: Full Time
The USAID/PEPFAR SAFE Project works closely with GRZ health facilities to provide HIV/AIDS services in Central, Copperbelt and Northwestern Provinces. The project now seeks the services highly qualified and motivated health professionals to fill the position of Senior ART Advisor: Paediatrics, Adolescents and Youth. Reports to the Director of Clinical Services.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Collect and prepare treatment guidelines from MOH, distribute them and ensure that staff in every SAFE supported facility are properly trained and adhere to these guidelines;
- Devise workable strategies to ensure that every exposed baby is tested and accordingly;
- Promote index Case testing;
- Work with the National ART Coordinator to facilitate training and mentorship for clinicians in ART in all SAFE supported programmes;
- With other specialists, attend the Treatment TWG coordinated by MOH;
- Provide updates on new development in ART to project staff;
- Conduct operations research and encourage the use of implementation science in ART;
- Working closely with the Nutritional Advisor ensure that NACS are integrated into ART;
- Support the Family Planning Advisor to integrate FP into HIV services;
- Support the Clinical and Community Health Directors to actualize selected DSD models of patient care;
- Closely work with the TB department to make bidirectional referrals to rule out co-morbidity of HIV and TB
- Ensure that all clients have their laboratory investigations and receive their results timely
- Inform the project leadership about any form of drug resistance that you observe
- Work with treatment adherence supporters to ensure that all patients are retained on treatment and that they get positive outcomes from treatment
- Work with district and Project nutritionists to assess all patients for nutritional support, where it is needed
- Closely work with the M&E unit to compile trends in the second 90 in the UNAIDS strategy of 90, 90, 90
- Provide hands on mentorship to other members of staff at the facility on new developments in ART
- Complete monthly and quarterly reports as well as participate in DQA activities
- Any other duty assigned by the Chief of Party.
Desirable Qualifications and Competencies:
- Medical Doctor with MBChB, MMed (Paeds) or equivalent with additional training and experience in adult ART and registered with HPCZ;
- Experience working in both urban and rural areas;
- Wide experience in mentoring clinicians n ART
- Ability to lead and work in teams including clinical mentorship as a team leader
- Good communication skills and personality appropriate for mentoring health workers and provide on the job training
- Deep knowledge of both WHO and the Zambian treatment guidelines
- Able to work smoothly with MOH, GRZ hospitals and District Health ART coordinators and private health facilities
- Ability to multi-task efficiently and prioritize activities in support of Project goals and deadlines
- Willingness to support sub-national teams when called upon
To apply: Send an application via email to [email protected] In the subject line please indicate the position you are applying for; only those applications that reference the position in the subject line will be reviewed. Your application should consist of a cover letter and CV with three references and full addresses and contact information. Please ensure that you mention www.gozambiajobs.com as the source of this job advertisement when applying for this role.
Closing Date: Tuesday, 21 November 2017
Only candidates meeting the minimum requirements will be contacted. If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks after the closing date, kindly assume that your application was not successful.
John Snow, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation, or military status (special disabled veterans or veteran status) in any employment decisions. M/F/V/D
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com