Mulonga Water and Sewerage
Mulonga Water and Sewerage Company Limited (MWSC) is the provider of water and sewerage services in Chingola, Mufulira and Chililabombwe. The Company invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the following position in Chingola:
Senior Engineer – Implementation Water
Reporting to the Manager Infrastructure Delivery, the job shall be responsible for performing civil/water engineering involving planning, carrying out day to inspections of civil works during the construction and rehabilitation of the water networks and water treatment infrastructure.
- Carrying out preliminary in-house designs of all civil/water works from specifications, drawings and basic design data to engineering drawings to ensure that they are in line with the overall project design.
- Carrying out preliminary reviews of the civil/water engineering designs to from the PIC and MWSC from specifications, sketches and basic design data to engineering drawings to ensure that they are in line with the over-all project design.
- Preparing and/or out preliminary reviews of technical (civil/water) specifications of tender documents for the supply of goods, works and services for approval.
- Participating in tender evaluation and awarding of contracts for the projects assigned.
- Supervising the execution of all civil works and ensuring timely completion of assignments within defined budget and schedules.
- Submitting monthly progress reports for all works under his/her supervision.
- Carrying out preliminary scrutiny of payment certificates from contractors, suppliers and in readiness for payment.
- Workng closely with the Community Mobilization and Specialist on community water and sanitation activities of the project
Minimum Qualifications and Work Experience
- Grade 12 School Certificate
- Degree in Civil/Water Engineering or closely related field
- At 5 years’ experience with 3 years’ experience in design, implementation and supervision in water
supply and sewerage
- Registered Engineer with the Engineering Registration Board (ERB) and Member of the Engineering Institue of Zambia (BIZ).
Required Competencies and Personal Attributes
- Proficiency project management and engineering design software (AutoCAD)
- Should have design and project supervisory skills
- A team player with ability to supervise a skilled and diverse
If you have the necessary competences/qualifications we are looking for, please submit your application together with a comprehensive CV including your contact telephone number and certified copies of your cerificates to the address below.
The closing date will be 28th May 2018.
Please only shortlisted candidates will be communicaed
Director Human Resources
Mulonga Water and Sewerage
PO Box 11712
Email: [email protected]
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org