BBC Media Action
JOB ADVERT – SENIOR FINANCE ADVISOR
BBC Media Action is the international development charity of the BBC. We are currently looking to recruit one Senior Finance Advisor to work in the BBC Media Action Zambia Country Office. The Senior Finance Advisor will take a leading advisory, training and change management role within the office and be part of the Senior Management Team. The position will be based in Lusaka. Candidates must have the right to work in Zambia.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Qualified accountant and/or MBA/MA degree holder preferably an accounting major with minimum of 12 years’ experience in the finance sector with at least 6 years at a senior management level;
- Experience of working with international donors and a working knowledge of donor compliance for major donors (e.g. DFID, EU, USAID, UN);
- Strong management and coaching skills;
- Proven track record of working with finance teams in an advisory and capacity-building role;
- Experience of change management at departmental and systems level;
- Excellent financial management and analysis skills, with experience of providing clear financial information and analysis to management;
- Experience and proven track record of developing and managing budgets and the commitment to achieving the most efficient and cost-effective use of resources;
- Experience of operating computer-based financial management systems. Advanced Microsoft Excel skills;
- An eye for detail and a concern for accuracy, together with the ability to keep sight of the broad picture.
- The ability to present detailed and complex financial information in a clear, concise and readily understandable way;
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills;
Applicants should send a motivational letter and CV in one document which clearly states the applicant’s name and Senior Finance Advisor in the subject line to [email protected] by the 19th of October, 2020. Interviews are scheduled for shortly thereafter. Only email applications will be accepted. Please also note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.