Senior Programme Assistant, TA (364 Days), G7, Lusaka, Zambia Generic (For Zambians Only)
Job Number: 506490
Locations: Africa: Zambia
Work Type : Temporary Appointment
UNICEF works in 190 countries and territories to protect the rights of every child. UNICEF has spent 70 years working to improve the lives of children and their families. Defending children’s rights throughout their lives requires a global presence, aiming to produce results and understand their effects. UNICEF believes all children have a right to survive, thrive and fulfill their potential – to the benefit of a better world.
For every child …,
The UNICEF Programme in Cooperation with the Government of the Republic of Zambia (GRZ) is designed to address and mitigate the triple threat of poverty the country’s children face, while responding to the needs with interventions addressing the multiple causative factors.
In response to the combination these threats involve the Programme supports national efforts to improve service delivery in the key areas of: child health and nutrition and HIV and AIDS, quality basic education, water, sanitation and hygiene education, child protection and social policy, advocacy and communication.
How can you make a difference?
Under the supervision of the Chief of Communication, the incumbent will assist to generate data and information which will contribute to strategic decision-making, programme planning, policy advocacy, and fundraising. This position will also establish properly-managed knowledge banks on children and women, which will strengthen office capacity in the preparation of proposals, donor reports, country programme profiles and the organization of special visits.
The responsibilities and tasks to be carried out will involve:
- Establishes/maintains an up-to-date resource center for publications, press releases and clippings, as well as photographic and audio-visual materials.
- Maintains/updates media mailing lists and other records, e.g. National Committee visits
- Helps organize media briefings, workshops, National Committee/VIP visits and special events to generate public support and to promote country programme goals and priorities. Assists in the planning, logistical and administrative arrangements
- Contributes to the preparation of briefing packs, reports, project records and other documents by providing information and data
- Prepares/draft/edit routine background information required for advocacy and fund raising purposes for web-based and traditional media
- Provides administrative support for transactions and payments, including use of the office budget system (VISION) and any other duties as required
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will need to have…
- Completed University Degree in Communication or any other relevant disciplines.
- A minimum of seven years of relevant professional experience in the field of documentation management or communication.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
- Specific knowledge required would include:
- Effective writing, speaking, and editing skills
- Proficiency in the use of electronic information systems and networks
- Organisational skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects
- Training in statistics would be an asset
For every Child, you demonstrate…
Our core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.unicef.org/about/employ/?job=506490 →