The role of Senior Risk officer is mainly aimed at supporting management of risks facing the organization on a day-to-day basis. It is supervisory in nature, reporting into the Risk Manager with responsibilities that include but not limited;
- Work as an alternate/back-up for the Risk Manager in ensuring smooth continuity of all departmental activities, and people management.
- Develop departmental reports to be submitted to Management Board, such as Subsidiary Risk reports, Risk monthly activity report, Write offs report, and etc., as assigned by Risk Manager;
- Support management in the development, review and update of risk registers as a basis for preparation of the organization’s risk profile and subsequent monitoring.
- Provide risk awareness trainings and train staff on the use of various risk tools.
- Development, update and monitoring of business key risk indicators and ensuring appropriate remedial actions/strategies are developed and implemented for any adverse trends.
- Provide updates/track timely implementation of proposed recommendations or actions to improve policies and processes.
- Create high level of awareness on the incident management process, that is, what incidents are the handling process, channels available, consequences of failure to manage/report incidents, etc.
- Completely and Accurately Log all incidents received through the various channels and ensure regular updates/maintenance of logs with any information received.
- Provide assistance in the development and implementation of work flow process maps and any subsequent process reviews/amendments.
- Support management in the New Products Development process through proper risk identification, development of policy manuals and process maps.
- Champion Business Continuity Management through development of business continuity plans and crisis management plans at all levels within the organization.
- Supervise Risk & IC officers (direct reports) to ensure effective execution of their roles and managing their performance.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Knowledge and experience in modern Enterprise Risk Management practices in Financial Services industry to provide guidance on required changes.
- Interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with and manage customer expectations (internal and external), and other stakeholders who impact performance.
- Technical skills to effectively perform/guide performance of Risk & IC Officers in a manner that consistently meets established standards or benchmarks.
- People management/leadership to develop or nurture, sustain employee satisfaction, and optimize employee productivity.
- Knowledge and effective application of all relevant banking policies, processes, procedures and guidance to consistently achieve required standards or benchmarks.
- Self-empowerment to enable development of open communication, teamwork and trust that are needed to make the required changes.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- 4 years working experience in internal control, audit, or risk management, preferably in financial services industry/sector.
- One years’ experience in management/leadership role
- Relevant professional qualifications, bachelor’s degree in Business, Credit or Finance, post-graduate degree will be an added advantage.
- Fluency in English
- High proficiency in use of computerized applications such as Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point, and Visio.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://search6.smartsearchonline.com/finca/jobs/jobdetails.asp?current_page=1&proximity= &city=&location=&job_type=&emp_status=&direct_jo_num=&country=&k1=&k2=&k3=&k4=&k5=&k6=&k7=&k8=&salary_min=&co_num=&apply=yes&site_num=12&jo_num=2316&job_number=2316 →