Refreshingly understated, contemporary and simple. Whether you want a leisurely family break or romantic escape, AVANI hotels and resorts provide the right space for relaxed and inspired comfort. Discerning service, relaxed dining and engaging recreation facilities for all guests are a given.
To approach the overall sales leadership activities from a strategic perspective:
- Ensure that the sales department fully understands the relative importance and priority of its current account base, and manages, segments and prioritizes its efforts accordingly.
- Ensure that the department is focused on assertively establishing new client contacts and developing detailed information on the potential revenues from these accounts.
- Continually review the actual production of each account against the potential for that account. Continually review and upgrade the client base.
- Assign individual account responsibilities and targets with reference to the above points. Keep account responsibility under continual review
- To manage the daily sales activities of the people in the team:
- Set the financial and non-financial objectives for each member of the team and work with them to ensure these objectives are met.
- Ensure that all new team members are properly oriented in the strategy and positioning of the Anantara/AVANI brand, and able to articulate this positioning in the marketplace.
- Ensure that all members of the team have the appropriate face-to-face selling skills to successfully do their job.
- Manage performance of team members, identify gap in skills necessary to perform their duties and recommend programmes to meet the skills requirements of the team.
To oversee general department operations
- Maintain accurate management status reporting on business results, and associated action planning.
- Ensure all sales people maintain a personal up-to-date knowledge on all Anantara/AVANI product and service offerings, including promotions. In addition, to be familiar with the products, services, rates new developments of our key competitors, and an awareness of general industry trends.
- Ensure department operational budget is adhered to including effective cost control and procedures for approval of expenditure.
- Participate in client familiarization trips, site inspections, sales trips and roadshows as required to meet the sales targets of the hotel.
- Create and implement packages and promotions for periods of low occupancy.
- Liaise effectively with all operational colleagues, providing support and information to ensure accurate delivery of our promise.
- Drive opportunities to upsell and cross-sell Anantara/AVANI products
- Maintain a full working knowledge of the IT support tools used in the world of sales today, including sales-specific software, property PMS and other systems.
- Ensure that all administration work is processed quickly and efficiently.
- Bachelor’s degree in Sales & Marketing or equivalent qualification.
- Minimum 5-years’ experience in Sales Management role.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Flexibility to work long hours and ability to travel locally and internationally.
- Internal and external stakeholder management.
- Ability to develop plan, liaise and communicate effectively with different stakeholders.
- Ability to implement and manage key responsibilities for Sales and Marketing.
- Excellent leadership skills and demonstrated ability to lead effectively.
- Strong analytical skills to understand key business indicators and competitive trends and develop approaches to these challenges.
Closing Date: 22 June 2022