Website Sentinel Kabitaka School
Strong Steadfast Studious
Educore Services is seeking a suitably qualified, experienced and enthusiastic candidate to fill the role of Science Teacher. The successful candidate will be based at Sentinel Kabitaka School in Solwezi. The Sci-ence and Chemistry Teacher should commence no later than 1st August 2020.The appointee will report to the headmaster and directly contribute to all areas of teaching and learning as well as supporting in other areas such as boarding.
Sentinel Kabitaka is part of the exciting and ambitious educational establishment in the North – Western Province of Zambia catering for children from Nursery to IGCSE. The school delivers examinations in both ECZ (7 & 9) and the Cambridge curriculum to IGCSE (Y12).The school, which is a part of the Educore Services group of schools, offers a holistic education and aims to be especially strong not only in academic achievement but sport, outdoor pursuits and the performing arts.
Main Purpose of the Job
To implement and deliver an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for students and to support a designated curriculum area as appropriate. To facilitate and encourage a learning experience which provides students with the opportunity to achieve their individual potential.
- Full Grade 12 Certificate
- Bachelor’s Degree plus current registration as a teacher with the Teaching Council of Zambia
- A Post Graduate Teaching Diploma is an added advantage.
- Experience in teaching the Cambridge International Curriculum to senior classes is a prerequisite.
- A secure knowledge and understanding of the subject area curriculum and related pedagogy.
- The ability to offer a secondary subject at any level would be desirable
The successful candidate should possess the following key skills:
- Evidence of excellent classroom practice
- Excellent understanding of effective and engaging teaching methods
- Highly motivated and willingness to continue learning
- Resilient and responds well to challenge
- Have high expectations for all young people including a commitment to ensuring that they can achieve their full educational potential and to establishing fair, respectful, trusting, supportive and constructive relationships with them
- Full understanding of the use of assessment to inform planning
- Able to mark and record assessment outcomes in line with whole school and departmental policy
- The ability to plan lessons and sequences with clear objectives to ensure progression for all students
- The ability to adapt schemes of learning to suit the needs of students and groups of students
- Enthusiasm, drive and a love for the job
- Ability to teach subject to Key Stage 3 & 4
- Clear vision and an innovative approach for learning & teaching
- A commitment to developing out-of-school hours activities to enhance progress, enrichment, enjoyment and attainment in the subject
A CV and covering letter, including 3 contactable referees, must be sent to: [email protected] with the subject Chemistry Teacher – SKAB.
Closing date: 14th June 2020
Due to Educore Services’ commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and criminal record.