Website Sentinel Kalumbila School
Steadfast Strong Studiuos
Sentinel Kalumbila is in the North-Western Province of Zambia. This purpose-built school, of over 150 pupils, is operated by Educore Services. It was established in 2014 to attend to the educational needs of children whose parents work at the local copper mine.
Sentinel Kalumbila offers schooling from Early Years to Year 7. Educore Services is seeking a suitably qualified, experienced, and enthusiastic Year 1 Teacher and Early Years Coordinator.
Main Purpose of the Job
To provide an excellent educational experience for the Year 1 class and the Early Years children at Sentinel Kalumbila School in accordance with the school’s Year 1 and Early Years curriculum. To be able to teach Year 1 and lead the Early Years Department and mentor staff within the department.
- Diploma or Degree in Primary Education
- Have experience in Early Childhood Education
- Minimum 5 O’ levels including Mathematics and English
- TCZ registration
- TCZ practicing Licence
- Police clearance
- Minimum 2 years work experience in teaching Lower Primary
- Familiar with the Cambridge curriculum
- Must have the skills of teaching: phonics, learning through play, children aged 3 to 5, and lower primary.
The successful candidate will possess the following key skills:
- Able to differentiate lessons according to ability groups
- Able to effectively manage and teach students from Nursery up to Year 1
- Competent ICT skills
- Good organisational skills
- Clear communication skills
- Good leadership skills
- Sound knowledge of an Early Years Curriculum, Phonics System and Learning Through Play
A full CV and cover letter must be sent to: [email protected]
Call +260 968 494 049 Weekdays Only from 08:00 – 16:00
Closing date for applications: 9 October 2020
Due to Educore Services’ commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and criminal record.