Lumwana Mining Company seeks to recruit a highly committed employee for the position of Shift Supervisor – Ancillary to join the versatile Maintenance team.
Reporting to the Maintenance Coordinator – Ancillary, you will be responsible to ensure your team are provided with a safe working environment, continuous upward trending of equipment availability and reliability while ensuring smooth operation of day to day workshop and field maintenance activities. Identify, develop and implement improvement initiatives to increase efficiency and effectiveness of mobile maintenance and operations processes. Your duties will include but are not limited to the following:
- Carry out routine and statutory inspections.
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities.
- Carry out planned maintenance and breakdown repairs on mining fleet.
- Carry out planned maintenance and breakdown repairs on project and small truck fleet.
- Measure and report overall maintenance performance
- Actively promote full cooperation between the maintenance and mining operation.
- Take full responsibility and accountability for the performance of the mobile maintenance team.
- Control and operate within cost budgets for mobile maintenance teams.
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement of maintenance processes and systems.
- Measure and report overall equipment and infrastructure performance and status.
- Cooperate with the maintenance planners regarding input schedules with accurate information
- Ensure personal and team compliance with statutory acts and regulations and consent conditions.
- Carry out administrative functions commensurate with the role.
- Transfer of technical knowledge to the positions of your subordinate workforce
- Develop, implement and maintain safe work procedures and promote high safety and health awareness. Promote and comply with the LMC Occupational Health & Safety Policy.
- Accept responsibility for the safe and efficient operation of the team.
- Ensure appropriate facilities, procedures and workforce competence to achieve legal compliance, incident prevention and the achievement of tasks in an environmentally sustainable manner.
- Ensure the development and maintenance of up to date job procedures for all tasks performed within the function.
- Accountable for completion of all tasks identified in the MOS Elements to the specified quality and timelines as assigned to this role
- Scope out or validate, as appropriate, work order assigned tasks in terms of labor hour estimates, parts, materials, specialized tooling, etc.
To be considered for the position, you must meet the following requirements:
- Technician/Craft Certificate in Mechanical Engineering.
- Member of the Engineering Institution of Zambia.
- Minimum five (5) years experience in a supervisory role in a large-scale mining environment.
- Wide Experience with Caterpillar and Komatsu mining equipment
- Operating knowledge of Caterpillar SIS and ET software, Komatsu CSS software and Pronto CMMS highly desirable
- Must hold a current Zambian drivers licence or be able to obtain one prior to commencement of this appointment.
- Must be able to operate the above equipment in a “move and test” function for diagnostic purposes
- Good computer skills with the ability to use integrated management systems, word processing, presentation and spreadsheet applications