Lumwana Mining Company seeks to recruit a highly committed employee for the position of Shift Supervisor – Trucks to join the versatile Mine Maintenance team.
Reporting to the Coordinator – Trucks, you will be responsible for the reliability and availability of the trucks maintenance team by building, assessing and continuously improving the equipment availability. Identify, develop and implement improvement initiatives to increase efficiency and effectiveness of trucks maintenance and operations processes. Your duties will include but are not limited to the following:
- Manage the maintenance of all truck equipment and infrastructure.
- Carry out structured routine safety inspections in cooperation with trucks maintenance coordinators.
- Actively promote full cooperation between the maintenance and mining operation.
- Take full responsibility and accountability for the performance of the truck’s maintenance team.
- Assist to prepare and control cost budgets for trucks maintenance teams.
- Develop continuous improvement strategies and communicate and apply accordingly.
- Identify opportunities for continuous improving of maintenance processes and systems.
- Measure and report overall equipment and infrastructure performance.
- Monitor condition of equipment
- Knowledge in root cause analysis
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities.
- Cooperate with the maintenance planners regarding input schedules and accurate information.
- Carry out routine and statutory inspections.
- Able to investigate an incident.
To be considered for the position, you must meet the following requirements:
- Minimum Diploma in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- Member of the Engineering Institution of Zambia.
- Minimum five (5) years in Heavy Earthmoving Equipment maintenance i.e. Komatsu and Hitachi.
- Experience in large multi pit operations utilizing large scale mining equipment.
- Good computer skills with the ability to use integrated management systems, word processing, presentation and spreadsheet applications.
- Ability to show initiative and have good interpersonal skills.
- Competent in SAP.
- Must have a current driver’s license.