Lumwana Mine, Solwezi, Zambia.
Reporting to: Coordinator- Maintenance Planning and Reliability
Lumwana Mining Company Limited (LMC), a copper mining company owned by Barrick Gold Corporation is situated in the North Western region of Zambia, some 300 km west of the Zambian Copperbelt and 95 km south west of the provincial capital of Solwezi. The mine is a multi-pit, multi staged operation mining approximately 100MT of ore and waste per annum and producing copper concentrates containing an average of 120,000 tonnes of copper metal per year over a twenty (20) year mine life, making Lumwana the largest single open cut copper mine in Africa. The Company is now looking for an experienced and qualified individual to be considered for the position of Planner-Short Term
Reporting to the Coordinator- Maintenance Planning and Reliability, you will be responsible for detailed work planning and integrated work scheduling of planned maintenance activities such that resources, equipment downtime and cost is optimized. Your duties will include but not limited to the following:
- Manage the work order backlog system such that work is planned and scheduled based upon priority and is undertaken prior to equipment failure
Detailed work order planning:
- Develop detailed scopes of work for future planned work schedules (weekly, shutdowns, annual plans) that improves resource effectiveness
- Develop integrated maintenance schedules of work that optimizes equipment downtime and resource utilization
- Develop equipment availability forecasts based upon planned work
- Develop cost and material forecasts for planned work in CMMS and Budget System
- Update CMMS system with equipment, standard jobs and Bills of Materials (BOMs)
- Develop and issue work management KPI’s and improvement plans
- Develop, implement and maintain safe work procedures and promote high safety and health awareness. Promote and comply with the LMC Occupational Health & Safety Policy.
- Be responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the team.
- Ensure appropriate facilities, procedures and workforce competence to achieve legal compliance, incident prevention and the achievement of tasks in an environmentally sustainable manner.
- Maintain and develop relationships with stakeholders in LMC’s mining activities, consistent with Barrick’s Community Relations Policies.
Experience & Qualifications
- Craft Certificate in Mechanical or Electrical
- Member of the Zambian Institute of Engineers
- Minimum of 5 years mining experience in planning function focused on either mobile fleet or fixed plant
- High levels of competency in maintenance planning, integrated scheduling, backlog management, shutdown management, budget development, asset master data, maintenance KPI reporting and continuous improvement techniques
- Competent in asset strategy development and life cycle costing
- Competent in supporting processes such as contracts, procurement, rotables management, spares management
- Must have been a Supervisor for at least 3 years
- Must be able to read understand and reference maintenance manuals.
- High levels of competency in the use of CMMS Systems (e.g. Pronto), MS Office products (e.g. Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint)
- Medium level competency in budgeting tools (e.g. Xeras)
Nationals who meet requirements for this position and are resident in Zambia are strongly encouraged to apply
Applicants may be subjected to any of the following: A Security and / or Police Clearance Check; a Competence Assessment, Qualifications, Credit and Reference Checks.