Website Signifide Group International
Signifide Group International Limited is Headquartered in Kenya. It was founded in Rwanda in 2012, Kenya in 2014 and Zambia in 2018, as a company limited by guarantee. Our main purpose is to drive growth and transform markets for women and youth across 4 Key Economic Sectors in Africa; namely, enterprise, inclusive finance, renewable energy and agriculture. Our areas of focus include: Trade, Youth Empowerment, Research & Data and Gender & Youth Consulting Services.
SCOPE OF WORK
The enumerators will support the Results Measurement team to carry out fieldwork and other research activities which may be required by our clients. The Enumerator’s contract is on a need-for-work basis and is not a full-time role. The enumerators, working under the supervision of a Research Officer will be responsible for administering questionnaires to women, men, youth and persons with disability households in rural communities in Zambia. The role requires travel and several days to be spent in the field in the above mentioned provinces.
The enumerators will be responsible for the following:
- Assist in collecting data as per the requirements of the client.
- Seek out respondents who fit the suggested profiles in assigned locations and collect data based on questionnaires developed and supplied.
- Gather and accurately record responses on questionnaires provided
- Ensure that questionnaires have been thoroughly checked and completed.
- Submit completed questionnaires and other equipment used in fieldwork and if required to do so, compile his/her findings in a required format.
- As part of each assignment, participate in briefings, carry out data collection, data entry and/or reporting.
- Recognize and give account of problems in obtaining data and provide useful feedback from field research activities
- Work according to the client’s needs and on a project-by-project basis.
REPORTING LINES AND AMENDMENT OF ToR
Enumerators will work in the field under the guidance and supervision of the Research Officers and will report to the Research Manager or his designee as designated by the Team Leader. Signifide Group International reserves the right to revise (in consultation with the enumerators) the scope of work of the enumerators or the title of the job.
- Honesty: Shows a high level of integrity and will not fabricate responses or misrepresent the programme.
- Communication: Confidently expresses self, able to clearly ask questions and help the respondent understand what is needed from her/him.
- Relationship Builder: Able to build trust with people at the rural level and maintain confidentiality.
- Cultural Awareness: Must be aware of and sensitive to the cultural expectations of communities in the provinces.
- Accuracy: Must be able to interpret and record responses appropriately without distorting the respondent’s meaning or confusing the reader. Endurance: Must be able to work for full day working hours in the field across a number of days.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
Enumerators should have;
- A degree or equivalent in Statistics, Economics, Business, Agriculture or the Social Sciences;
- Experience in data collection, administering questionnaires and conducting interviews, data collection and data entry;
- Experience or knowledge of the selected provinces is an advantage;
- Willingness to learn and explore new experiences
- Fluency in speaking and understanding English, the local language of the province, and preferably Nyanja.
LOCATION OF POST
Applicants are required to choose one province of preference. Cost of travel and accommodation to the provinces will be covered.
- Luapula Province
- Copperbelt Province
- Southern Province
- Eastern Province
- Lusaka Province
- Western Province
- Central Province
The contract is based on a “need for work” basis and remuneration will be paid based on the tasks carried out. The enumerators may not work or be reimbursed for days beyond the maximum approved work/travel days without prior written approval from Signifide Group International. In no case shall the enumerators be reimbursed for more than eight (8) hours during an approved work/travel day and may not be paid for work on Saturdays and Sundays unless agreed in advance.
Applications: Please send your CV/Resume, a maximum of three pages, and a covering letter explaining how your skills and experiences match those needed for this post to: [email protected] on or before 30th September 2020. Application must include Province of choice.
Please ensure that you include the names and full contact details of three referees on your CV. Please make sure that you include your language skills in your CV. Applications will only be accepted from people who have selected one province from the list above. e.g. Southern Province: Enumerator application women, youth under 24 and persons with disability are highly encouraged to apply.