Silondwa Engineering Limited
ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE OFFICER (X1)
To ensure accurate and timely recognition and reporting of all revenue generated by the company in the course of its business and manage customers’ accounts to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Maintains an accurate and up-to-date record of all sales orders issued to customers
- Confirms customer deposit into company’s bank account and post against customer’s account
- Reconciles customer accounts to the general ledger balances and ensure matching in the system is done daily
- Conducts reconciliation of the bank deposits to the customer ledger on a daily basis
- Identifies irregularities in the customer account reconciliation and works with relevant Sales and Marketing staff to resolve these issues
- Posts necessary entries to correct errors/irregularities identified in customer account reconciliation
- Reviews the commercial agreement entered in the database for each customer to ensure it complies with the written agreement
- Reconciles cash sales to sales orders and cash at the bank on a daily basis.
- Analyses cash/credit sales against cement dispatch (weighbridge) with actual quantity of cement produced on a weekly basis, investigate and resolve all variances identified.
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in Accounting or other related discipline
- 2 years of relevant work experience
Skills and Competencies
- Good understanding of trends, challenges, opportunities, regulations and legislations relating to the cement manufacturing industry
- Good knowledge of accounting of finance best practices, IFRS and other applicable accounting standards
- Basic of accounting packages and systems, including SAP
- Good data gathering, analysis and problem solving skills
- High ethical standards and integrity
- Basic proficiency in the use of MS Office tools
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com