Silondwa Engineering Limited
Silondwa Safaris Limited invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced members of the public for the following vacant position:
ASSISTANT FINANCE & ADMINISTRATION OFFICER
To provide financial, administrative and clerical support in order to ensure accurate and timely recognition and reporting of all revenue generated in the course of business in a timely and efficient manner.
1. STATEMENT OF MAIN DUTIES
(a) Maintains and updates the fixed asset register in order to insure that all company assets are well monitored and accounted for.
(b) Plans, coordinates and prepares departmental and overall budget in order to know how much will be needed for each department.
(c) Ensures proper management and control of cash and guarantee timely and accurate payment of creditors in order to meet the business financial requirements.
(d) Completes monthly and annual statutory returns for and other licenses in order to provide compliance with the Company Acts of Zambia.
(e) Holds cost review meetings on a monthly basis to drill into the cost incurred for that month.
(f) Monitors budgetary control activities aimed at comparing budget with actual expenditure in order to highlight variances.
- Maintains an accurate and up-to-date record of all sales and orders received from customers
- Confirms customer deposit into company’s bank account and post against customer’s account
- Conducts reconciliation of the bank deposits received from the customer ledger on a daily basis
- Posts necessary entries to correct errors/irregularities identified in customer account reconciliation
- Reconciles cash sales to sales orders and cash at the bank on a daily basis.
- Analyses cash/credit sales against actual quantity of blocks produced on a weekly basis, investigate and resolve all variances identified.
- Maintains and develops office filling on both manual and electronically for future references
Education and Work Experience
- Diploma or its equivalent in Accounting or other related discipline
- 2 years of relevant work experience
Skills and Competencies
- Good understanding of trends, challenges, opportunities, regulations and legislations relating to the Tourism industry
- Good knowledge of accounting of finance best practices, IFRS and other applicable accounting standards
- Basic of accounting packages and systems, including SAP
- Good data gathering, analysis and problem solving skills
- High ethical standards and integrity
- Basic proficiency in the use of MS Office tools
Applications accompanied with CVs, copies of certificates and verifiable references should be addressed not later than 2nd November 2023 to:
The Human Resource Manager
Silondwa Safaris Limited
P.O. Box 72463
NB. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.