Silverland Ranching Limited
Silverlands Ranching Limited is an agricultural business which operates in Zimba, Southern Province. The company wishes to invite applications from suitably qualified Zambians to fill in the position of a SLIC Station Supervisor. The applicant must have the following qualifications
- Assist in supervising daily SLIC station activities /operations and ensure that all operations run effectively and efficiently.
- Supervise Grain purchase, Cattle purchases and admin activities and ensure timeous completion of such activities
- Grain purchase – Supervise truck loading and offloading operations, bugging, stacking of clean grain, and grain shed personnel to optimize aggregation.
- Cattle purchase- work hand in hand with the feedlot supervisor to coordinate the cattle buying process.
- Report on the SLIC station activities to the Project Manager on an ongoing basis.
- Supervise and provide general and all logistical support for admin function to the SLIC operations.
- Ensure that data for all SLIC activities is correctly entered and captured as required; all necessary SLIC physical documents are received, checked, and filed accordingly.
- Ensure all operational areas and lawns at SLIC department are Kept clean, neat and risk free and ensure personnel compliance with ESG laid down guidelines.
- Tracking the progress of SLIC station activities and communicating with team members and Project Manager in a timeous manner when needed.
- Maintaining good communication with the suppliers (farmers) during the grain purchase process.
- Give support and carry out admin functions to sorghum and cattle buying activities.
- Creating Summary reports regarding grain and cattle buying activities for Project Managers review.
- Ensure roll call is conducted daily and that the time book is correctly entered by the SLIC admin clerk.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by Supervisor/Management.
- Proven experience as a supervisor in livestock/grain crop extension services is an added advantage
- Minimum of Certificate/Diploma in General Agriculture
- At least 2 – 3 years proven experience as a supervisor
- Proficiency in English and Tonga will be an added advantage
- At least 30 years old and above
Applicants that meet the above qualifications should send their credentials to [email protected]