SIMBA HOLDINGS LIMITED
The Mission of Simba Holdings Limited (SHL) is to enrich people’s lives by providing premium quality everyday products and services at competitive pricing. Providing the best work culture & family-like yet professional environment for our staff. At SHL we ensure we have staff with the right knowledge, skills and abilities. For this reason, we now seek to recruit a dynamic and energetic person who is performance-driven, suitably qualified, and experienced to fill the vacant position of Milling Electrician in Lusaka.
I. JOB PURPOSE
Reporting to the Head Miller, the Milling Electrician will be responsible for the day-to-day effective & efficient inspection, repair & maintenance of all electrical & mechanical equipment on site.
II. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitor and adjust, when necessary, plant set points to ensure the effective and efficient running of plants.
- Inspection of all electrical and mechanical equipment on the site.
- Monitor and inspect the plant for potential and existing defects.
- Carrying out scheduled preventative maintenance on electrical and mechanical equipment.
- Fault finding and repairs on electrical.
- Check report books daily and liaise with the Head Miller on action to be taken on reported defects.
- Report any defects noticed while performing normal functions.
- Perform breakdown functions on electrical and mechanical equipment at the Mill.
- Assess the parts needed for a job and place orders for those parts
- Install improvements and major upgrades to the electrical plant and subsystems.
- Identify electrical problems with a variety of testing devices
- Provide technical support on process equipment in order to achieve optimal performance.
- Maximize the capacity and efficiency of the plant while ensuring product quality.
- Ensure that all equipment is properly maintained to minimize unplanned downtime.
- Maintain inventory of spare parts required for proper operation including roles.
- Responsible for coaching and developing staff operation skill
- Repair and replace defective components in motors, generators, controllers, storage batteries, switchboards, conductors, switches and varied electrical fixtures and ensure installations are to manufacturer standards.
III. QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree in electrical/Food Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working as an electrician in a Milling Plant
- Knowledge of Grain Milling Equipment is an added advantage
- Experience reading blueprints and technical drawings
- Experience fabricating, assembling, and installing wire harnesses
- Experience installing electrical panels
- Excellent skills with computers, in problem-solving, communication, and leadership skills.
- Mastering Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) programs.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing in English.
- This person is required to walk, climb ladders, use tools and work in confined spaces, sometimes in extreme temperatures.
- Be able to work in an environment of industrial and office work for extended periods of time.
IV. SKILLS SPECIFICATION
- Complex Problem-Solving skills
- Critical thinking
- Innovative thinking
- Technological Knowledge
- Root Cause analysis
V. PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Sober habits,
- Inclusiveness and tolerance,
Suitably qualified and enthusiastic candidates should send their CV with certified copies of professional and academic qualifications to [email protected] by 28th November 2022.
SHL is an equal opportunities employer. Therefore, women, men and persons with disability are all encouraged to apply.