Build It International (BII Zambia Ltd) is seeking at least two new site agents to supplement its project delivery team in Zambia.
Following the successful completion of your probationary period an initial one or two year contract will be offered.
To be responsible for the successful delivery of a community infrastructure or similar project valued at approx. KR1M – KR2M. The Site Agent ensures project delivery on time, within budget and to a high quality standard following BII project management systems, specifications and requirements and in a safe and healthy working environment. To act at all times as an ambassador for BII.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Supervise of all works including supervision of trainees and contractors
- Follow Build It International (BII) project management guidelines at all times
- Formulate, update, maintain, and distribute project programme (schedule) in the agreed MS
- Project format to meet BII preconstruction and construction targets.
- Work effectively with Finance and Procurement to ensure timely delivery of materials
- Proper and timely record keeping such that historical data is recorded including Daily logs, ledgers, weekly site reports.
- Coordinate the Community for works required for BII to fulfil the delivery of the project.
Project Budget Management:
- Follow BII project management guidelines, processes and systems at all times
- Responsibility for all site resources including personnel, materials, tools, equipment whether owned, leased, or managed by BII
- Ensure all statutory and BII inspections whether internal or by a third party are scheduled and carried out in a timely manner so as not to delay, incur costs, or cause risk to BII.
- Monthly forecasting of expenditure for the Estimated Total Completed Cost for project, day to day budget controls, procurement oversight, and cost analysis to ensure project is delivered within budget.
- Assist in or execute the correct formulation of Bill of Quantities and Schedule of Materials for project
Project Quality Management:
- Ensure all personnel under your management follow all project drawings, details, specifications, Change Orders for the project.
- Day to day management, support, and supervision of the BII trainees whilst on site, ensuring they adopt best practice and understand the standard of quality they are to deliver on site. Work with BII Trainer to ensure training and site work is coordinated.
- Be responsible for Quality Assurance and maintenance of Quality Records
- Ensure Quality Control Plans are fully implemented by Contractors.
Project health and safety of all personnel on site:
- Following health and safety protocols both BII and Statutory
- On-going health and safety risk assessment when BII is managing work on site. This includes consideration of BII personnel, Contractor’s personnel, Client’s personnel, and any other visitors to the site at any time.
- Assess and approve Method Statements including related Risk Assessments
Other Responsibilities :
- Act as an ambassador for BII whilst working with the Community.
- Be responsible for environment management in accordance with BII Environmental Management Plan.
- Site assessment for preconstruction
- Project and planning works as may be required
- And any other works that might be required to safely deliver the BII projects on time, on budget, and to a high standard of quality.
Line Management and Key Relationships
The role reports on a day to day basis to the Construction Operations Manager and works closely with:
- Financial Manager and the Finance and Administration Officer
- Logistics Officer/Procurement Officer
- BII Trainer
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum: Advanced Certificate in Building Project Management. A degree in a construction related field is an advantage.
- Three years relevant work experience – we are prepared in to hire younger professionals it they have the right attitude
- Motivated to work to international standard project management standards
- Excellent communication and team working skills
- High standards of workmanship and attention to detail
- Good computer skills in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, MS Project
- An interest in sustainable building
- Experience of training others in building skills an advantage
- This is a Lusaka based position, but willingness to work in remote locations if required is essential
Please note that you must be a Zambian citizen or have an eligible work permit for Zambia. A valid driver’s license is essential for this position and no convictions (a police check shall be conducted on all preferred candidates)
- Competitive salary – according to experience and skills
- Health insurance and paid holidays
- Supportive environment
- Professional development – we will invest in your project management skills
- Check that you can meet the basic requirements listed in the job description
- Hand deliver or email your application that should consist of the following:
1. A CV which includes the following:
- List of relevant professional qualifications, stating where you studied and when. Include any relevant short course training/workshops.
- List all the projects where you have previously acted as site agent with specific details of location, client and description/value of project starting with your most recent position and going back up to 4 years with contact details of the client or employer. Describe the level duties you had and who you reported to.
2. A cover letter telling us what interests you about the position. One page max.
3. Provide contact details for three referees who know you in a professional capacity.
E-mail applications to: [email protected] or hand deliver to 21381 Mushakashela Road, Woodlands, Lusaka.
Application deadline: 30th June 2017. Please save your CV and cover letter in the following format: ‘FULL NAME CV’ and ‘FULL NAME COVER LETTER’.
Ensure that you mention www.gozambiajobs.com as the source of this job advert.
Note: if you are currently working and unable to start soon then please do get in touch with us for future opportunities.