NOTE: This position is contingent upon donor funding.
PATH is an international organization that drives transformative innovation to save lives and improve health, especially among women and children. We accelerate innovation across five platforms—vaccines, drugs, diagnostics, devices, and system and service innovations—that harness our entrepreneurial insight, scientific and public health expertise, and passion for health equity. By mobilizing partners around the world, we take innovation to scale, working alongside countries primarily in Africa and Asia to tackle their greatest health needs. Together, we deliver measurable results that disrupt the cycle of poor health.
The Smallholder/Livelihood Advisor will oversee the implementation of smallholder agronomy and livelihood activities as stipulated in the menu of activities and give guidance on how they will be implemented to achieve results. This position will be responsible for sectoral leadership in agronomy.
- Develops overall technical approach, implementation strategies and plan of action based on the identified solutions, methods and guidelines for climate smart and sustainable livelihoods interventions.
- Identifies and promotes innovative and climate adaptive livelihood programming approaches and interventions to achieve project objectives.
- Leads and coordinate the livelihood component of the project.
- Ensures efficient monitoring and evaluation systems and generate quality information for monitoring the progress and measure impact related to the livelihood component.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with donor, government offices, non-government organizations, expert institutions and the private sector.
- Develops and maintains contacts among partner organizations working on livelihoods programs for exchange of information relating to sustainable livelihoods approaches;
- Prepares the required timely and high quality report that convey the progress of the livelihood component towards achieving best practices and impact in target communities.
- Ensures documentation of implementation processes, lessons learned and Best Practices, and design strategies for replication/scaling-up.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of a Master’s degree.
- Demonstrated progressive experience with increasing responsibility focused in the area of smallholder agriculture and improving livelihoods.
- Demonstrated progressive experience in providing technical expertise to host government(s) for the areas of agriculture and livelihood activities that focus on household and community levels.
- Extensive work experience in Zambia (local candidates strongly encouraged to apply).
Must have legal authorization to work in Zambia.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://path.silkroad.com/epostings/index.cfm?fuseaction=app.jobinfo&jobid=302539&company_id=15780&version=1&source=ONLINE&JobOwner=1013084&startflag=1 →