Website SNV Netherlands Development Organisation
SNV is a non-profit international development organisation established in the Netherlands in 1965. For over 50 years, SNV has been at the forefront of development, helping to build local capacity and empower local families and communities to break the cycle of poverty. We are present on the ground in 24 developing countries in Africa, Asia, Middle East and South America and operate in Agrifood systems, Renewable Energy, and Water. Our 1,200+ advisors in the field come from a variety of cultural and technical backgrounds, and the vast majority are nationals of the countries where we work.
Established in Zambia in 1965, SNV is one of Zambia’s leading INGOs and works with locally based development partners including national and local government, civil society organisations and businesses to develop the capacities of local communities and alleviate poverty. For more information, please refer to our website: www.snv.org.
SNV is a member of the Dutch Fund for Climate and Development (DFCD) (www.thedfcd.com), a Netherlands based consortium (led by FMO, Dutch development bank), whose objectives are to (i) provide Finance and Technical Assistance (TA) to projects with a focus on climate change adaptation; (ii) mobilize external private sector funding at scale; and (iii) align directly with DFCD Theory of Change (ToC).
The DFCD allows for investments in projects aimed at climate change adaptation and mitigation in developing countries. SNV, as part of the DFCD Origination Facility (OF), will identify and develop, together with local companies and stakeholders, bankable business case propositions which can subsequently be picked up by the DFCD Investment Facilities (Water and Land-use) for further development, matchmaking, and investment. The DFCD presents an important additional instrument for the Dutch government’s efforts in contributing to the Paris Agreement and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Overview of the position
The advisor will be responsible for providing technical support to local companies within value chains with the aim to develop a pipeline of investable businesses cases in the assigned countries with the support and supervision of the Regional Business Investment Expert.
1. Provide support in scoping and structuring new business cases in the assigned countries:
- Contributes to the identification and preparation of investment proposals, undertaking analysis and discussions with internal staff & clients as appropriate.
- Ensuring compliance of business cases with the fund’s assessment framework
- Supporting planning and execution of due diligence visits
- Participates in client visits when requested.
- Analyses financial data including ratios, projections, budgets, etc.
- Supports legal contracting process together with the DFCD Project Finance Officer.
2. Monitoring a portfolio of contracted grants in the assigned countries.
- Prepares (credit)reviews incl. market and financial analysis.
- Provides inputs to the regional Business Investment Officer by responding to requests for information/support.
- Undertakes administrative tasks to ensure file completion (compliance and reporting)
- Participates in client monitoring visits when needed.
3. Providing analysis and support
- Provide support on repeat transactions for existing clients.
- Assists team members in other aspects of the portfolio management process.
- Msc in (agree)economics, finance, business administration.
- Minimum of 2 years working experience as financial advisory services.
- Working experience in a multi country environment is a plus.
- Basic analytical knowledge /skills to assess investment propositions.
- Financial modelling skills (Preferable).
- Displays a strong service and client communicative orientation.
- Strong team player.
- Good networking skills and relevant experience in networking.
· Pro-active work attitude and ‘can do’, solution-oriented attitude.
Basic Knowledge on Climate Change and Sustainable development.
· Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal.
This is a full-time national position with the successful candidate being contracted on a one-year basis with the possibility of renewal.
To apply use this link.
To apply for this job please visit smrtr.io.