Jhpiego is recruiting for Software Developer
The HRIS Software Developer will provide leadership and oversight to day-to-day HW21 software development activities. The HRIS Software Developer maintain, modify and improve the HRIS systems at HPCZ and GNC. Eventually, the position will work with the MOH, HPCZ, and GNC to link each organization’s database system. The Software Developer will report to the HRIS Lead.
- Maintain, modify, and improve the existing software systems with councils.
- Design, develop and implement new software for the health professionals’ databases.
- Assist in linking professional regulatory database systems to other health information systems to ensure an integrated and comprehensive database system for the entire health sector.
- Lead business process analysis and re-engineering.
- Document test plans, test procedures, and final system requirements.
- Conduct staff and user training and facilitation of training issues.
- Research & development of new technologies.
- Database backup and disaster recovery.
- Work closely with other team members.
- Integrate on-premise software systems to other web applications and services.
- Work with team members to develop user manuals.
- Assist in linking professional regulatory database systems to other health information systems to ensure an integrated and comprehensive database system for the entire health sector
- Develop annual and quarterly work plans and budget inputs for assigned activities under Objective 1.
- Submit monthly and quarterly reports on progress of assigned activities under Objectives 1.
- Identify risks to achievement of Objective 1 deliverables and develop and manage the mitigation plan.
- Develop and manage detailed change process for changes to the councils’ HRIS.
- BSC in Information Systems, Computer Science, or related course from a recognized Universitywith up to 2-3 years’ experience in an active solutions development field OR must have an Advanced Diploma in Information Systems, Computer Science, plus 6-8 years’ experience in data analysis/quality focused role.
- Recent direct experience support in software development to HRIS of the Zambia General Nursing Council of Zambia and/or the Health Professions Council of Zambia
- Prior training on software development for the HRISs for the aforementioned councils.
- Proficiency in at least one structured programming language such as Java, C#.
- Knowledge and experience in designing and building web applications.
- Proficient in design and development of database management systems using MySQL and SQL Server.
- Experience building/developing end-user reports using standard reporting tools such as Crystal Reports, Jasper, SQL Server Reporting Services and or Pentaho.
- Good analytical and report writing skills.
- Must be proactive and innovative keeping abreast with latest technological advancement.
- Must have ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Must be a team player, flexible and professional who is customer focused.
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral, written and presentation).
- English fluency (verbal and written) required.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the year.
Please send your application letter and curriculum vitae only in a single document to the Human Resources Director: [email protected]
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Closing Date is Friday June 18, 2022