A reputable Commercial Bank in Zambia is seeking to recruit self-motivated, enthusiastic and innovative persons to fill the following position:
S/he will perform the responsibility of:
- Available to stake holders and management to use expertise in solving business problems.
- Candidate will participate in software development projects such as systems integrations, web, Mobile and API software development.
- Responsible for technical documentation of existing and new software products in line with the banks policy.
- Ensure all source codes are warehoused in the bank’s source code repository.
- Work with third parties to integrate banking applications and third-party systems.
- Prepare regular reports and provide updates on daily and weekly activities and projects
- Candidate will be required to participate in business process automation projects.
Qualification and Skills:
- A good first degree in Computer Science or related degree. Relevant Masters’ degree will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 1year post qualification experience in software development projects with experience in banking operations and electronic payments solutions
- Professional Membership: IT certification and other professional qualification will be an added advantage
Key Performance Indicators
- Timeliness in delivering projects
- Turnaround time for bug identification and fixing.
- Turnaround time for resolution of user issues reported.
- Properly documented products and projects.
- Timeliness in the preparation and rendition of required reports
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Good understanding of Software Development Life Cycle.
- Good understanding of Secure Coding Practices. Refer to OWASP.
- Ability to develop, web applications, mobile apps and Rest or SOAP APIs
- Knowledge of the following technologies or languages will be an added advantage
- Oracle Database
- Microsoft SQL Server
- General SQL
- Good presentation and documentation skills
- Good communication (oral & written)
- Entrepreneurship/ taking ownership
- Analytical Skills/ Problem solving
- Interpersonal Skills
Please clearly indicate the job title in the subject of your email and use your full name and the job you are applying for as the filename of your application. Applications should consist of your cover letter and CV only, in a single document. Hand delivered or posted applications will not be accepted. The closing date for accepting applications is 5th October, 2020. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
All applications should be e-mailed to: [email protected]
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com