Requisition Number: 501315
Contract Type: On-going
Location: Kalumbila (140km west of Solwezi)
Categories: Engineering, Mining
DOMAIN I: Software System Design- The conceptual design of the software to be used in control and information systems.
- Establish standards, templates, and guidelines as applied to the Automation system using the information gathered in the definition stage and considering human -factor effects in order to satisfy customer design criteria and preferences.
- Define the data structure layout and data flow model considering the volume and type of data involved in order to provide specifications for hardware selection and software development.
- Select the physical communication media, network architecture, and protocols based on data requirements in order to complete system design and support system development.
- Develop a functional description of the automation solution (e.g. control scheme, alarms, HMI, reports) using rules established in the definition stage in order to guide development and programming.
- Design the test plan using chosen methodologies in order to execute appropriate testing relative to functional requirements.
- Perform the detailed design for the project by converting the engineering and system design into purchase requisitions, drawings, panel designs, and installation details consistent with the specification and functional descriptions in order to provide detailed information for development and deployment.
- Developing programming standards, selecting and sizing instruments equipment, designing low-voltage electrical systems and preparing drawing using AutoCAD software.
- Modeling data and turning and normalizing databases.
- Designing system communications based on chosen networks and communication protocols.
- Writing functional descriptions, interpreting design specifications and user requirements and communicating the functional descriptions to stakeholders.
- Writing test plans, developing test that validate that the system works as specified.
- Performing detailed design work and documenting the design.
DOMAIN II: Development – Software development and coding.
- Develop Human Machine Interference (HMI) in accordance with design documents in order to meet the functional requirements.
- Develop database and reporting functions in accordance with design documents in order to meet the functional requirements.
- Develop control configuration or programming in accordance with the design documents in order to meet the functional requirements.
- Implement data transfer methodology that maximizes throughput and ensures data integrity using communication protocols and specifications in order to assure efficiency and reliability.
- Implement security methodology in accordance with stakeholder requirements in order to mitigate loss and risk.
- Review configuration and programming using defined practices in order to establish compliance with functional requirements.
- Test the automation system using the test plan in order to determine compliance with functional requirements.
- Assemble all required documentation and user manuals are created during the development process in order to transfer essential knowledge to customers and end users.
- Presenting data in a logical and aesthetic fashion, creating intuitive navigation menus, implementing connections to remote devices, documenting configuration and programming configuration.
- Administrating databases, writing queries, creating reports and formatting/printing specifications for report output. Documenting database configuration
- Interpreting functional description, Interpreting control strategies and logical drawings. Programming and/or configuration capabilities. Documenting configuration and programs, interpreting P&IDs and interfacing systems.
- Analyzing throughput, Ensuring data integrity, troubleshooting, documenting configuration and configuring network products. Interfacing systems and manipulating data.
- Network Configuration:
- Cable (Wire and Fiber Optic) Networks
- Network Component Configuration
- Network Diagnostics
- Network Management
- Wireless Networks
- Documenting security configuration, configuration/ programming of security system and implementing security features.
- Programming and/ or configuration capabilities, documenting configuration and programs and reviewing programming/ configuration for compliance with design requirements.
- Writing test plans, executing test plans, documenting test results, Interpreting functional requirements of system/ equipment to be automated and interpreting P&IDs.
- Documenting technical information for non-technical audience, using documentation tools and organizing material for readability.
DOMAIN III: Installation and Testing:
- Install configuration and programs by loading them into the target devices in order to prepare for testing.
- Test configuration and programming in accordance with the design documents by executing the test plan in order to verify that the system operates as specified.
- Maintain licenses, updated, and services contracts for software and equipment by reviewing both internal and external options in order to meet expectations for capability and availability.
- Installing software, verifying software installation, versioning techniques and revision control, troubleshooting (i.e. resolving and retesting).
- Executing test plans, documents test results, troubleshooting (i.e. resolving and retesting), and writing test plans.
- Organizing and scheduling, programming and configuring, applying software updates (i.e. keys, patches)