Nurse Training Project Manager, Zambia
Contract Type: Full time (3 years)
Place of Assignment: Lusaka and surrounding vicinity with frequent visits to rural training sites.
Start of Contract: 1st January 2019.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Manage the implementation and development of the SolidarMed Nursing Project at St Luke’s College of Nursing. Midwifery and Public Health
- Support the College in designing, implementing and monitoring an innovative, decentralized blended training model for nurses, midwives and public health nurses.
- Contribute to the capacity building of teaching staff both in the College and at the clinical training sites, including through e-learning.
- Collaborate and coordinate with donors, partners and relevant stakeholders at all levels.
- Expert use of project cycle management tools (planning, reporting, budget control etc.)
- Support the roll-out of this model to other training colleges.
- Advanced clinical skills in Nursing, Midwifery or Public Health or demonstrable clinical experience in a strongly relevant field.
- Experience in healthcare education, ideally involving curriculum design/review and implementation.
- Experience in project management, financial management and human resource development (project cycle management)
- Management and appraisal skills; ideally combined with experience in capacity building or institutional development.
- Interest in knowledge sharing, applied field research and scientific exchange.
- Academic qualifications to degree level or higher.
- Strong communicator with excellent interpersonal skills able to form valuable working partnerships at all levels.
- Fluency in English with good writing skills
- Solid computer skills (MS Word, Excel).
- Willingness to live and work in a rural area of Africa
- Competent driver
- Previous experience of working in Sub-Saharan Africa; or other relevant development setting.
Please ensure that you mention www.gozambiajobs.com as the source of this job advertisement.