SOS Children's Villages Zambia
TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR THE FACILITATION OF TRAINING IN HEALTH LIFE STYLE AT SOS LUSAKA CV UNDER FAMILY STRENGTHENING PROGRAM
A. Introduction and Background
SOS Children’s Villages Zambia is a non-governmental, social development organization focusing on the promotion and safeguarding of children’s rights. The organization is currently operational in four regions; Lusaka, Livingstone Kitwe and Chipata. Through one of its core programme, Family Strengthening, the organization aims at empowering communities and families toward self-reliance so as to prevent separation of children from their families and promote children growing up in a caring family environment.
B. Context of Lusaka FS Program
Health promotion is one of the various intervention strategies employed in communities under the Family Strengthen (FS) which is aimed at maintaining and improving good health among caregivers and their children, as rightly said that “health is wealth”. A healthy caregiver is able to provide quality care to his or her family and chances of children loosing parental care are reduced. Under this programme, caregivers and children participants are enlightened on issues of health so as to live healthy lives.
C. Objectives of the Training
The training will aim to enlighten participants on the importance of:
- Eating a balanced diet.
- Having enough rest.
- Regular exercise
- Avoiding drugs, alcohol and smoking.
D. Expected outcomes
- Caregiver programme Participants will acquire knowledge on the benefits of balanced diet, exercise and having enough rest.
- Participants will be able to maintain good or improve their health after putting the knowledge into practice.
- the topics that will be covered:
i. Proper Diet
ii. Physical Exercises
Proper sleeping Pattern
iii. Alcohol and Drugs/Addictions
iv. Safe/Clean environment.
v. Absence of bad habits and Addictions
vi. Love through Social Support and Healthy Relationships.
E. Deliverables – by the facilitator
- Report after the workshop
- Certificate of attendance
Will be from 16th to 23rd April, 2019
G. Target group
The target group for the training are 30 caregivers from Kapopo, Chingwere, Independence, Chazanga, Chipata, Kabanana, Mandevu, Chaisa and Garden Communities
H. Proposal Invitation
Proposals are invited from registered, qualified and experienced consulting organizations to provide training / Workshop facilitation services for 4 days for 30 participants in the following area of training.
In order to quality for consideration of contract award, the consultant should prove that the following qualifications, technical and financial requirements are met fully.
- Bachelor’s Degree in health science / Healthy Life styles from a recognized institution.
- With 3 years’ experience in conducting similar training (evidence to be provided in the proposal such as references). CV for the team members must be part of bid submission
- Provide detailed work methodology to be used as will be prosed by the consultants in relations with the TOR
- Proficiency in local languages preferably Nyanja and Bemba
- The financial proposal which must clearly show taxes applicable e.g. 15% withholding tax on professional fees only and VAT/Tax on training material cost.
- Must submitted certificate of registration & Company profile including the current PACRA annual approval and valid Tax clearance certificate
Hard copies can be dropped off at the following address;
The Regional Programs Manager
SOS Children`s Villages Zambia
P O Box 37907,
THE CLOSING DATE FOR SUBMITTING PROPOSALS WILL BE WEDNESDAY 10TH APRIL 2019 AT 15:30HRS AND NO LATE SUBMISSIONS SHALL BE ACCEPTED.