SOS Children's Villages Zambia
A. Position Title: FS Accountant (2)
Reporting to: Village Accountant/Administrator
Duty Station: Livingstone and Kitwe
Purpose of the Job
The purpose of the Job is to manage the program funds and ensure compliance with both organisation policies and donor requirements. The FS Accountant is responsible for managing financial and administrative activity within the family strengthening program, ensuring that all financial and administrative policies, procedures and controls are followed.
- Ensures that financial resources are used appropriately and efficiently.
- Assists the Facility Head in the preparation of the annual budget of the Facility.
- Reviews the monthly income and expenditure statements of the Facility with the Head of Facility bringing to his/her attention any irregularities.
- Ensures that the Facility is run as economically as possible, in accordance with the provisions of the annual budget.
- Ensures that all cash, cheque books and financial records are safely locked away when he/she is not present.
- Ensures that all donations received, whether in cash or in kind, are properly accounted for and are used in the manner intended.
- Ensure that all statutory payments are made and submitted to relevant authorities on time.
- Manages and controls the Facility bank account(s) and petty cash were applicable.
- Ensure that all monies received is receipted and banked the same day where possible.
- Prepare payment vouchers and cheques based on approved and authorized requests.
- Makes the appropriate entries in the Bank Register and Petty Cash Register, as moneys are paid-out and/or received, and prepares the monthly bank reconciliation statement.
- Updates the inventory register of the Facility as assets are acquired.
- Ensure good filling system.
- Assist in ensuring that the vehicle log sheets are properly maintained.
- Ensures that the Facility vehicles are properly maintained.
A) Full Grade 12 School Certificate with a minimum of five credits and mathematics as one of the credits.
B) Diploma or higher in Accounting or ACCA level 2 skills, CIMA managerial
A) A minimum of two (2) years in a similar position with proven experience with some basic level of supervisory exposure.
Other competencies and requirements
A) Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and working knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics-NAV will be an added advantage
B) Fully paid up member of the Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants (ZICA).
Should be a team player with integrity, progressive and un-blemish track record, very innovative