Website SOS CHILDREN'S VILLAGES ZAMBIA
INVITATION TO BID FOR THE INSURANCE OF SOS INFRASTRUCTURE IN LUSAKA, KITWE, LIVINGSTONE & CHIPATA
Date: 11th May 2023
SOS Children’s Villages in Zambia is inviting insurance companies or Brokers to bid for the insurance of its buildings as per attached schedule below, for a period of 2 years.
1) The deadline for submitting your bids and required documentation is 26th May, 2023 on or before 12:00pm
2) Your bids with supporting documents to be deposited in a tender box with clear marking “insurance of SOS Buildings on sealed bid” at the following address;-
The Procurement Officer
SOS Children`s Villages Zambia
Plot No 23217/35 PHI off Ben Mwiinga Road
P O Box 37907
3) Feedback will be given to all vendors invited via emails to all bidders that shall participate
4) Quotations that shall be submitted to a wrong address will not be attended to.
5) All clarification before closing date should be addressed to the following; [email protected], [email protected]
6) Responses to clarification sought will be given in the shortest possible time but before the closing date.
7) SOS Children’s Villages Zambia reserves the right to contact any of the bidders who will participate for clarity on any proposal/quotation submitted during the evaluation stage.
8) Any bidder may be disqualified should they make attempt either directly or indirectly to influence or canvas SOS Children’s Villages Zambia procurement team or any associated person in respect of the proposal/quotation between the date of submission and contract award.
9) The bids shall be rejected or contract terminated if any illegal or corrupt practices will be observed having taken place in connection with this transaction.
10) Tenderers shall be excluded from participation in this procurement if any of the following is discovered;
a. They are bankrupt or being wound up, are having their affairs administered by the courts, have entered into an arrangement with creditors, have suspended business activities, are subject of proceedings concerning those matters, or are in any analogous situation arising from a similar procedure provided for an in national legislation or regulations. However, tenderers in this situation may be eligible to participate insofar as the grant recipient is able to purchase supplies on particularly advantageous terms from either a supplier which is definitely winding up its business activities, or the receiver or liquidators of a bankruptcy, through an arrangement with creditors, or through a similar procedure under national law.
b. They or persons having powers of representation, decision-making or control over them have been convicted of an offence concerning their professional conduct by a final judgement.
c. They have been guilty of grave professional misconduct; proven by any means which the grant recipient can justify
d. They have no fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of social security contributions or taxes in accordance with the legal provisions of the country in which they are established, or with those of the country of the country of the grant recipient or those of the country where the contract is to be performed
e. They or persons having powers of representation, decision making or control over them have been convicted for fraud, corruption, involvement in a criminal organisation or money laundering by a final judgement
f. They make use of child labour or forced labour and /or practice discrimination and/or do not respect the right to freedom of association and the right to organise and engage in collective bargaining pursuant to the core conventions of the international labour organisation (ILO)
g. Tenders shall confirm in writing that they are not in any of the situations above. Even if such confirmation is given by a tenderer, the grant recipient shall investigate any of the situations listed above if it has reasonable ground to doubt the contents of such confirmation
h. Contract shall not be awarded to tenders which during the procurement procedure are;
i. Subject to a conflict of interest
ii. Are guilty of misrepresentation in supplying the information required by the grant recipient as a condition of participation in the tender procedure, or fails to supply this information
Selection Qualifications and Evaluation Criteria
11) All tenderers must confirm in writing on the following and same shall form the basis of contract award decision.
12) No bidder shall be considered if information below is not confirmed in writing as part of the proposal/quotation submission.