Special Hope Network exists to bring glory to God by creating a world where all kids are valued. We impact communities by improving care for kids with intellectual disabilities. This starts by equipping families and caregivers to provide these children with a loving home, holistic health care, and exceptional education and therapies.
We are looking to fill the position of Finance Manager with the following.
Duties and Responsibilities
LMA (Lead, Manage, and Hold People Accountable)
– Inspire staff and provide clear direction to carry out mission and vision, allocate necessary tools and resources, and opportunities for delegation for direct reports while executing the VTO, including taking clarity breaks to work “on” the business, and ensure staff understand organizational tools (VTO, Theory of Change, and their own roles and rocks)
– Keep expectations clear, communicate well, and have the right meeting pulse for direct reports, use rewards and recognition to provide quick positive and corrective feedback, and reliably hold quarterly conversations
– Ensure direct reports are accountable for results, lead them to get necessary jobs done well
– Be positive and supportive of SHN decisions and expectations to be an example of a hopeful attitude
-Be an example of spiritual growth by practicing personal daily habits of faithfulness. Talk about those habits when with your staff and ask them about theirs. Hold discipleship in high regard and add to Level 10s every time. Pray with your staff. Prioritize faith, yours, and your staff members.
– Conduct performance evaluations on staff
– Train staff on bible study skills, leadership skills, management skills, emotional intelligence in the workplace, and professionalism
-Be a person of integrity, who is ethically honest and above reproach, able to work in an organized and timely way.
– Carry out financial tasks in such a way that when donors, potential grantors, or auditors check, SHN is organized, finding receipts and totals is easy, and there is clarity of reporting.
– Push SHN to be a more ethical, transparent ministry that follows all laws, pays all taxes, treats our workers with the honor they are due, and continues to grow in this area.
-Load all payments into a bank account for payment, after getting the correct approvals and making a payment voucher.
-Keep detailed organized records of all intake and outflow of money, including petty cash, banking, revenue, and payments
-oversee Finance Assistant to make sure all entries are correct and teach to correct any errors
-Make sure SHN and Manager’s Petty Cash is updated daily and all records kept
-Check budget monthly, report to Head Managers and Executive Team if they are over budget
-aid in the creation of a yearly budget, enter into Quickbooks as soon as approved
-Put in prepayment of funds into appropriate accounts (cGrate, Puma, etc).
-Reconcile the previous day’s transactions
-Respond to all emails relating to finance as soon as possible
-Record all transactions in both soft and hard copy
-Reconcile monthly cashbook
-Make sure cash flow is up-to-date
-Make sure SHN, and Managers’ petty cash has enough for the following month
-Maintain impeccable records, keeping systems currently working in both paper and digital formats.
-Create reports for Board meetings, executive team meetings and other requests
Resources and Roadblocks
– Identify necessary resources and communicate needs to the executive team
– Assist in budget development and carry out programs for budget management
– Identify roadblocks that cause consistent barriers to success and develop and execute a plan to remove roadblocks, for yourself and your assistant.
Daily Financial Oversight
-Vendor Invoices / Payments / Payment Vouchers:
-Send photo of Vendor invoices on the Invoice Only group w/Pay Voucher if necessary
-Post Payment Vouchers to GL received by scan
-Check FNB Accounts for Bank Card Purchases
-Gather backup receipts for Bank Card Purchases
-Give Bank Card Purchases a Check # from the Voucher # spreadsheet
-Write up a Payment Voucher for Bank Card Purchase
Enter Petty Cash Receipts from the Managers into the PC Worksheet
Collect PC Receipts and file
-Write up Sales Receipts as donations/payments are made
Record Sales Receipt on the Sales Receipt worksheet
-Track In-Kind Donations
-Enter Inventory Adjustments for what was taken
-Do a physical count
-Prepare an FNB Bank Deposit before month-end
-Use the Deposit Worksheet to match cash funds in the cash box to what is recorded
-Give the Deposit a Deposit Number
-Talk Time & ZESCO
Confirm with the Operations on the amounts to be paid for TT & ZESCO
-Create the files that need to be uploaded to Konse Konse
-Upload the files
-Month End Journal Entries:
-Journal Entries need to be done monthly for:
-Talk Time / Zesco
-Use the checklist in the cGrate Spreadsheet to note that the entries have been done.
-Incentive Packs / DLS Payments
-Once a way to track these payments is determined, track each month
-Help with monthly Payroll Entry
Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting
5 years of experience in accounting and/or financial analysis
Ability to synthesize large quantities of complex data into actionable information
Ability to work and effectively communicate with senior-level Management.
Excellent business judgment, analytical, and decision-making skills
Written and verbal communication skills to explain complex financial concepts
Close attention to numerical detail
Has knowledge of QuickBooks and Accounting software
Has knowledge of Cash and Accrual Accounting
Honest and reliable