Website St Ignatius College
One of the Jesuit Schools located in Lusaka
St Ignatius College is looking for a hardworking, proactive, and organized individual to fill the position of College Maintenance Foreman to coordinate and oversee the operations of the Maintenance Department. As a Head of Department, you will be required to prepare written reports and work plans. We need a foreman who also has the basic knowledge and skills of one or more of the following: building, plumbing, electricals, landscaping, bricklaying, carpentry, and/or joinery.
- Oversee the Maintenance Department.
- Coordinating and allocating daily maintenance tasks to other team members.
- Ensuring the effective and efficient maintenance and works for all facilities, buildings, and tools.
- Developing and implementing a preventative maintenance program to minimize interruption and maximize tools lifespan.
- Managing the maintenance budget and ensuring cost-effective maintenance solutions.
- Liaising with other departments to ensure minimal disruption to operations during maintenance activities.
- Maintaining accurate and up to date maintenance records and reports.
- Controlling wastage within your department.
- Managing and controlling maintenance related tools and machinery.
- Preparing reports and work plans for presentation to College Management.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATION
- Grade 12 Leaving School Certificate
- Certificate/Diploma/Degree or an Equivalent in a similar field with a hands-on practical and skilled trade in either electrician, carpentry, building, bricklaying, plumbing, joinery, landscaping, gardening, etc.
- Proven experience as foreman.
- Ability to prepare written reports and work plans.
- Ability to communicate and report effectively.
- Ability to speak and write English fluently.
- 2 – 3 years of work experience.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com