Website Stargate Finance
Job Title: Accounts Trainee
Reports To: Finance Manager
Workstation: Lusaka, HQ
Contract Duration: 6 Months (Renewable)
We are looking for a detail-oriented accountant to perform and coordinate accounting duties within our organization.
Overview as Accounts Trainee you will provide support to both internal staff and external clients and will work predominately with our team at the HQ Lusaka office. Part of your role will involve assisting in the day-to-day financial activities, these will include but are not limited to data entry, month-end Statutory Returns and management accounts inputs and year-end financial accounts and tax returns.
- Assisting with financial and management accounts preparation for the Company
- Assisting with managing Internal stakeholders expectations and deadlines
- Assisting with the preparation of personal and business tax returns
- Carrying out bookkeeping activities including journal postings and ledger reconciliations
- Processing client records accurately using Sage, QuickBooks and other accountancy software
- Collaborate with the finance team to gather necessary data and information for the preparation of financial statements.
- Assist in analyzing financial data and preparing reports to support decision-making processes.
- Ensure accuracy and compliance with accounting standards and regulations.
- Verify the accuracy of entered data by comparing it to supporting documentation.
- Maintain organized records of financial transactions for future reference.
- Perform regular bank reconciliations to ensure that all transactions are accurately recorded.
- Assist in preparing journal entries, accruals, and adjusting entries as required.
- Participate in the preparation of financial reports for management review.
- Minimum of Diploma in Accountancy, ZICA Diploma in Accountancy, or related accounting or finance program is required.
- Minimum of 6 Months + years of Accounting/ Finance experience is an added advantage
- Strong analytical skills
- Uncompromising on integrity and ethics
- Should have ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to adapt to change
- Good interpersonal and relationship building
- Completes own work within timescale and to budget.
- Able to work under minimal supervision
- Builds constructive relationships with other team members.
- Provide relevant feedback to the Finance Manager or assigned supervisor in a timely manner
- Has reasonable knowledge and application of IFRS for SMEs-Added advantage
- Able to prepare financial statements under the supervision of the Finance Manager.
Apply via this link
To apply for this job please visit forms.gle.