Stock Take Counter
Lumwana Mine, Solwezi, Zambia.
Reporting to: Inventory Specialist
Lumwana Mining Company Limited (LMC), a copper mining company owned by Barrick Gold Corporation is situated in the North Western region of Zambia, some 300 km west of the Zambian Copperbelt and 95 km south west of the provincial capital of Solwezi. The mine is a multi-pit, multi staged operation mining approximately 100MT of ore and waste per annum and producing copper concentrates containing an average of 120,000 tonnes of copper metal per year over a twenty (20) year mine life, making Lumwana the largest single open cut copper mine in Africa. The Company is now looking for an experienced and qualified individual to be considered for the position of Stock Take Counter.
Reporting to the Inventory Specialist, your duties will include but not limited to the following;
- Daily counting of stock on hand against stock take plan
- To ensure all stock has correct bin locations as per the Pronto system
- Identify and report any mismatches of information
- Investigate stock variances and assist in reconciliations of stock on hand against Pronto
- Physical examination of inventory items to ensure that they are in a usable state
- Assist Inventory specialist in performing weekly and monthly reconciliations of items such as mill consumables and water treatment chemicals
- Assist Warehouse in Bin location management
- Maintain good housekeeping at a high standard
- Recording, filing and presenting of records to the supervisor for analysis and reporting
- Identify and advise Inventory and Cataloguing specialists on matters such as duplicated stock codes
- Advise and assist warehouse on storage of items
- Provide assistance to Internal and External auditors on stock count
- Assist Cataloguing specialist in maintaining Inventory photo album by taking correct photos for the items
Experience & Qualifications
- Minimum requirement full Grade 12 School Certificate
- Certificate in Purchasing and Supply or equivalent
- Previous experience in Warehouse and Inventory management role of not less than 2 years. Preferably in mining environment.
- Ability to listen and learn the skills required to perform well in this role
- Microsoft Excel operating system intermediate competency.
- ERP knowledge preferably in Pronto or equivalent
- Zambian driving licence
Zambian Nationals who meet requirements for this position and are resident in Zambia are strongly encouraged to apply
If you meet the requirements, submit your online application by clicking ‘APPLY NOW’.
Applicants may be subjected to any of the following: a Security and / or Police Clearance Check; a Competence Assessment, Qualifications, Credit and Reference Checks.