About the organisation
Zambian Financial Sector Deepening Limited (FSD Zambia) is a Zambian organization working closely with key players throughout the economy to ensure that all Zambians are financially healthy, notably the most excluded and underserved. We help rural families, women, youth, low income people, and other households in Zambia to understand and access a wide range of sustainable, comparable and affordable financial services.
This enables households and communities to use their financial resources to ensure inclusive growth, essential services, and a sustainable future. To expand financial inclusion, we collaborate with public and private sector institutions to make markets work better. FSD Zambia enhances trust between clients and suppliers of financial services by helping to bring people together, cultivating understanding, stimulate innovation, and lower costs. In this way, all women, men, girls and boys can learn about, choose and use a wide range of financial services that have the most positive impact on their lives. FSD Zambia enjoys the active support of financing partners UK Aid, SIDA, Rural Finance Expansion Programme (RUFEP) and Comic Relief/Jersey Overseas Aid.
More information is available on our website, www.fsdzambia.org
About the Job
The Strategic Programme Assistant reports directly to the Director- Financial Services Supply. He/she will be responsible primarily for providing professional and administrative support for programme delivery to the Director FSS. The Strategic Programme Assistant will also assist in providing technical and general administrative support to the FSS programme team and engage in collaborative work with other teams (Operations, Analytics, and the Executive as appropriate).
The candidate must be:
- Develop a full understanding of FSD Zambia’s systems of project planning, implementation, delivery, reporting, monitoring, and compliance requirements.
- Facilitate coordination between various thematic teams to enhance the success of all projects and activities
- Support the Coordination of successful provision of quarterly and end-of yearreports by implementing partners (financial and narrative)
- Follow up on commitments from monthly meetings with implementing partners, and ensure plans are executed in an orderly and timely manner to produce expected results
- Ability to support the successful planning, implementation and coordination of project and thematic area implementation. Demonstrate efficiency in management and tracking of programme and project-related documentation and filing
- Excellent project planning skills. Understand and adhere to project rules and regulations in all aspects of administration.
- Minute and share reports from monthly and quarterly meetings and field trips and other documents for internal and external communications.
- Be able to works with minimal supervision, able to consistently meet time/quality targets.
- Be comfortable with teamwork, innovation, and change to adapt to the needs and flows of markets and market players of all kinds.
- Have ability to produce consistently high-quality written outputs, demonstrating strong attention to detail
- Be a team player with excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with people of varied backgrounds or inter-disciplinary teams, that is, national and international experts.
- Have strong project management and coordination skills, relationship building skills, strong communication, influencing and engagement skills as well as ability to produce high quality reports and publications in English.
Qualifications and Experience
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree required in Business administration or any related field. Master’s degree is an added advantage.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and social media web platforms.
- At least 5 years’ professional experience of which 3 years should have been in a substantive role in supporting Senior-Level Executives, preferably in non-profit organizations.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect the ability to perform and promote multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Excellent written level and verbal communication skills
- Emotional maturity and ability to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
- Highly resourceful team player with the ability to also be extremely effective
FSD Zambia is an equal opportunity employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination due to disability, ethnicity, race, religion or gender.
We strongly encourage people with disabilities who have the relevant skills and experience
For the detailed job description, visit our website at www.fsdzambia.org or send an email request to [email protected] Candidates are invited to submit a one-page cover letter indicating current and expected remuneration, together with maximum three-page CV to [email protected] by close of business Monday 31 August 2020.. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.